Gentlemen (and Kev)... Get those guitars ready!! (pantera cover, drumtrack inside!)

Jun 2, 2005
Right, so i made this drumtrack of the song "mouth of war" of pantera fame...
No midi file, and not a set click as well... :cry:
but it's as close as i could get it for now, it's just for fun anyway.

Teh Bob giveth thee 2 drumtracks, so you have two options, one is single exported, the other (#2) is doubled where one track is compressed a bit for more thickness..

Kev did some magic things, so here is the direct link to the MP3:

http://www.omissiononline.com/bobsmum.mp3

So anyone in here can have a go at it! A little competition eh :cool:

Also, here is the soundclick link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=591477

In the end we'll see who got the closest sound or had the best sound, and the winner wins a date with Kev! :lol:
Just be sure to mixdown a MP3 at 128 Kb (i know :mad: ) or i cant upload it there.

The drums are DFHS, i replaced the snare and the kick, kick being a 100% pantera kick sample, and the snare blended in 40-50% with the pantera snare.. i also replaced the toms, since i feel that the DFHS toms cant get close to the amazing tom sound of Vinnie! however, these samples did not come close either, but they are better then the DFHS toms, i think...

Good lucketh!!

Cheers guys...

Will be MOST interesting to hear what you can do with it Charlie... most interested to hear what anyone in here can do with this track.. it's pretty fun to do really, nothing too complicated (solo might be).

Also, just keep trying to get the files, in the mean time i will have a look at another host somewhere, since this is not really smooth so far, more people are getting the "not enough sluts available" message...

Well, if anyone has a decent place to host em, or a FTP server to put em up, be sure to do so, since i hate these file sharing sites as well, but for now, i have no other option really...

Is the original song in E standard? I'm not too familiar with Pantera's material, but i might give it a go, since there's finally no reamping involved.
....and if im not mistaken, was the original done with a Krank?

Nebulous said:
Is the original song in E standard? I'm not too familiar with Pantera's material, but i might give it a go, since there's finally no reamping involved.
....and if im not mistaken, was the original done with a Krank?

It was in D, and no it wasn't a Krank!! The Krankenstein wasn't designed until just before Dime died and iirc wasn't available until after.

Ah that makes sense: I hadn't heard of Krank untill a few years ago. I had a feeling the song wasn't standard, but the tab i got was in E. I might just try it out in E for the sake of participation.

was it drop D? I cant remember
And he used solid state randall heads back then (rh100 I think)

That tone is going to be hard to replicate with my tube heads. I think i wont try to match it, just make it cool and heavy