Gentlemen (and Kev)... Get those guitars ready!! (pantera cover, drumtrack inside!)

BlackestEyes said:
Didn't Dime tune funky as well? A few cents sharp or flat? I forget which.

Yes. Flat.

I'm pretty sure Mouth For War is standard...minus the few cents.

If I was at home I'd check for sure in the riffer madness book, but I'm not. It's all explained in there though.

Black neon bob said:
snare.. i also replaced the toms, since i feel that the DFHS toms cant get close

Good lucketh!!

Then I replaced the ones I replaced with replacements:headbang: Then I re-typed this message with better text:)

I really like the snare too bob.....nice job.

+1 there Kev. I decided to just learn the track, and when i tried playing it, I noticed that it was the E -1/4 tuning.
I should have to say thanks to Black Neon Bob. Reguardless of how my version turns out, i'm really having fun playing this song. Since I havent been the biggest Pantera fan, I don't know the song, so its keeping me on my toes and getting the heart going as I play.
Cheers man

Daniel

Nebulous said:
+1 there Kev. I decided to just learn the track, and when i tried playing it, I noticed that it was the E -1/4 tuning.
I should have to say thanks to Black Neon Bob. Reguardless of how my version turns out, i'm really having fun playing this song. Since I havent been the biggest Pantera fan, I don't know the song, so its keeping me on my toes and getting the heart going as I play.
Cheers man

Daniel

yeha! Thought so :Smokin: Enjoy the tera dude- might have a crack myself :p

Thanks guys... I dialed in on the POD XTL really quick, I think the patch is Spinal Puppet....I'd like to try and do the whole song but with working and all I don't think I'll be able 2.... Plus my guitar neck looks like it's going to snap since I'm using 12-54 and I'm tuned to like freaking Eb .

So how are everybody going with this? So I just spent the last hour or so looking for a decent mic placement and I think i've found the sound i'll go with. Tomorrow i'll start tracking hopefully.
Are people planing on doing any sort of bass track? It seems to sound a bit empty without it, so I might do a Ghetto bass to go along with it. Regarding the original, it sounds pretty huge, was it double or quad tracked?

I'm still having fun with this, and I hope that there's gona be some healthy participation in this.

Daniel