Audix and Krank recording

Andy Sneap

Metal Guru
Apr 17, 2002
at home
andysneap.com
thought you guys might like to hear this.
Been doing some more Rise To Addiction demos in some down time so I thought it was time to experiment a little.
Drums are recorded with Audix D1 (D2 underneath) on snare and D6 on kick (with Yamaha sub kick), toms I ended up using 421's but the D2 and D4 were real close. We had coated evans G2's and the 421's just had a tiny bit more attack.
Gtr is Krank Krankenstein with Boogie 4x12 and an Audix i5, no triggers on the kit (yet :tickled: )
See what you think
mp3 here

Andy, how do you find the i5 compared to the 57, in terms of mic placement etc? do the same sort of principles work the same?

I just got an i5 this week and have been experimenting on my 4x12 Randall (Celestion 'Seventy 80's' loaded :/ ), I'm getting tones that are 'nearly there' but not quite. I know micing's only one part of it, but umm.. if you have any thoughts on i5/'Seventy 80' combination, please.. shoot. Cheers.

oh's are shure sm81's, akg 451 on hat and AT 4050 on china. I just set the i5 in the same place as a 57, seems pretty good. I've got a tiny bit of the URS a10 graphic on the gtr and ofcourse the c4 before this just keeping the low mids in check.

Wow, absolutely slamming!! A very cool tone, definitely a different feel to it than the Revolution, I think I like it a bit better.

I love the sound of the snare, incredible, one of the best I've heard.