Audix and Krank recording

Andy Sneap said:
Gtr is Krank Krankenstein with Boogie 4x12 and an Audix i5, no triggers on the kit (yet :tickled: )
See what you think
mp3 here

I recentley bought audix I5 thanks to a clip posted here from a guy on this forum.
That shit rocks it's very clear, the sound is really close to the sm57 but it's a little bit clearer .
Andy tomorrow I'm gonna take home my modded 5150, clips will be posted very soon.

Maurizio

Andy Sneap said:
thought you guys might like to hear this.
Been doing some more Rise To Addiction demos in some down time so I thought it was time to experiment a little.
Drums are recorded with Audix D1 (D2 underneath) on snare and D6 on kick (with Yamaha sub kick), toms I ended up using 421's but the D2 and D4 were real close. We had coated evans G2's and the 421's just had a tiny bit more attack.
Gtr is Krank Krankenstein with Boogie 4x12 and an Audix i5, no triggers on the kit (yet :tickled: )
See what you think
mp3 here

Sound really, really good!!! We have recorded drums some weeks ago, with almost the same Mic´s. Same Audix on snare, kick Audix and Yamaha subkick and Audix on toms. Old Neumann's on cymbels and room. Can post the drums too, if is interesting. But I have only a stereo file of the drums, because we recorded guitars, vocals etc at our studio, before we go back to the studio were we recorded the drums to mix.

Some picture from the drumset
0006.jpg

Alex

Nice! Tight and punchy! Crane song sounds amazing..I wish I could afford it. I will definatley pick up the audix mics! Just got my 5150 ll amp yesterday! Im one happy camper that thing is sick! love the resonaunce and presence! Sweet!!!

Krank and Audix. This thread was tailor made for me. =)

I own a Revo100 and have also played through the 'Stein at GC. I'm not sure which I prefer. The only thing, and its not a big deal since I'm not playing out and only recording at home, is that I have to RADICALLY change the EQ settings when going from chunk to lead.

I really like the Audix i5 - moreso than the SM57. I know the SM57 is the "defacto" standard, but I figured after 40+ freaking years of use, it was time for a change.

I bought my i5 brand new on eBay for $69 from a cat who was blowing em out - I'm very glad I did!!

PS - this mix is Super Titty in a 36D Cup kinda way. I would expect nothing less. =)

Hey Lookie! Yep, Drum Kit From Hell Custom & Vintage library has the Noble & Cooley snares plus some KILLEr other ones on it. They pretty much all sound bad ass! Especially the Craviotto's and the Black Beauty! ANd the Noble & Cooley kits sound SHHH-Weeettt!!!!!!! :headbang:

This library sounds ...well ....analogishly warm compared to Superior. Both are great though!!!

Was that the N&C snare that they made for Zildjian, using Zildjian's cymbal bronze? pretty hot.

That drum mix sounds pretty diesel man, so natural, everything just sounds organic, I love it.

keep rocking it Andy...

Damn good clip but...

I don't know if this is a phantom perception from my part (or head up my ass), but the guitars sound too 'Gentlemanly' (or classic I suppose) which is not really a bad thing or anything.

I don't know what the factors could be, but I wonder if the guitar sound would be a bit more 'punchy' with the SM57?