Audix and Krank recording

dabhoys said:
I'm thinking about getting myself a sub kick. Many others here have one? Are they worth getting?

I thought about building my own one. I have a single bass speaker somewhere around.
I heard that some engineers have uses the bass speaker from an NS-10 to do the same years ago.

I've seen that been done before in the studio. But I've never used that set up. It looked very flimsy when set up. The sub kick looks nice and solid :)

dabhoys said:
I've seen that been done before in the studio. But I've never used that set up. It looked very flimsy when set up. The sub kick looks nice and solid :)

It does. But when you leave your own speaker in the box it's also solid. :)
And I think there's no need to put that thing up as on the picture.
I always thought the right place for the sub frequencies is more away from the Bass Drum, at the end of the tunnel that you'll build. Because f.E a 50 Hz wave is over 6 Meters long, when you want to record a full wavelenght it's more possible to get it there.

Instead of being the size of a small snare it is the size of the bass drum , only shallower. it sounds great unmiced too. i assume it is alot more expensive than the yamaha seeing as h:headbang: ow dw stuff is super pricey

good bass drums and snares are around the same... expect about $700 for good shit. Of course you can go lower... but it depends on how anal you want to be about your gear... just like anything else.

Best thing to always do is order drums in full kit size, as its always much cheaper than individually... and fuck it, just sell what you dont want/need.

J

J the TyranT said:
good bass drums and snares are around the same... expect about $700 for good shit. Of course you can go lower... but it depends on how anal you want to be about your gear... just like anything else.

Best thing to always do is order drums in full kit size, as its always much cheaper than individually... and fuck it, just sell what you dont want/need.

J
700.00 is pretty low for really good stuff. most 22x18in. bass drums that are maple will be well over a grand. you can get great snare drums for well under a grand. there are some pricey snares but most of them arent that worthy. noble and cooley snares for example might be close to or over a grand, but there are many good snare drums for $500.00 or less.

VEHEMENCE said:
I dig the tone also, I havent heard much of the Revolution, id like to hear a sample of something that compares both. I have the Krankenstein, and I love it.

Sorry to ressurect this old thread, but I have to post a +10 for this post.