Gentlemen (and Kev)... Get those guitars ready!! (pantera cover, drumtrack inside!)

That would be great man. I could get a bass to use for it too, but im no bass player, so im sure your playing would be obviously more controlled (for want of a better word) than mine. If you have the resources, it would be cool to get a clean DI signal too. If it isn't too much bother that is.
Cheers

Daniel

Yeah, a bass track would be pretty cool, i have no real bass as well, so it would end up ghetto bass if i'd provided it, but if you can, seizure, please do!

Carcass29, that sounded nice!! :headbang:

Carcass29, that sounded nice
Thanks....I can post a Bass track for the song if someone sends me a midi file...I have the EastWest Hardcore Bass program, If somebody gives me a quick tutorial on how to use the midi file...I'll post the Bass track on filelodge for you guys to use on your finished tracks. It would sound much fuller with some bass.

Carcass29 said:
Thanks....I can post a Bass track for the song if someone sends me a midi file...I have the EastWest Hardcore Bass program, If somebody gives me a quick tutorial on how to use the midi file...I'll post the Bass track on filelodge for you guys to use on your finished tracks. It would sound much fuller with some bass.

Hmmm... im not sure it would be that easy with just a midi file really.. I made this drumtrack myself, meaning this was no midi file so there is not set BPM during the whole song.. there are quite some temposwitches in it, and a bass midi file would not keep up unless you have the precise tempo track i have here.. i could export that tempo track, but it looks like seizure is hooking us up with a bass line anyway, so all is good in thee neighbourhood! :p

cool...yeah I found it hard to play the song without the "click" track ...hopefully the bass will make it alot easier to track the guitars.

There's a bit of a mistake in the drums: after the second chorus, just before the solo, you've got the same fill as as end of the chorus before (which kinda half-times for the harmonics bit) - the actual one in the song stays straight and the riff finishes normally (no harmonics) so it flows into the solo part. It makes the right guitar part sound weird over your drums.

Just gotta do the vocals and my version will be done (bar the solo, I can't play that for shit - if anyone else wants to supply one that'd be awesome :D). Sounds a bit weird though, tuned to Eb my harmonics have gone to pot. Meh...

Steve

Suicide_As_Alibi said:
There's a bit of a mistake in the drums: after the second chorus, just before the solo, you've got the same fill as as end of the chorus before (which kinda half-times for the harmonics bit) - the actual one in the song stays straight and the riff finishes normally (no harmonics) so it flows into the solo part. It makes the right guitar part sound weird over your drums.

Haha.. cheers man! i never pay TOO much attention when i fill in the drums of a cover, its mostly for fun anyway, but yeah man, spot on!

I played around with this last night, because it sounded like a lot of fun, but I'm not able to record the mp3 with my RiffTracker (or, if I'm able to, I haven't figured out how yet). I love Pantera, always have, but man, after listening to the song closely to work the parts out, I gotta say, Dimebag's tone kinda...sucks. I love the songs, I love his playing, but that tone just does not do it for me.

A question I had about this track, not sure if I had the song figured out right or not, but it seemed like for each eight-bar riff, the next riff almost always starts early, like the riff is not a full eight bars. Maybe I just had the time or bpm wrong...is it 4/4?

I love that tone!

Yeah, it is 4/4... bit offbeat on two parts because the original has that as well... is that what you mean?

Remember.. the BPM is not the same over the whole song, so you guys need to play like it's live... :)

I'm at work, so I'm going off of memory here. The songs starts with pre-chorus riff, chorus riff, then verse riff, & each riff change comes on a little early. Trying to record each riff as a seperate track on a single run-through, I was always coming in on the next riff too soon. (I suppose it would be more correct to say each riff was ending too early.)

CGord said:
A question I had about this track, not sure if I had the song figured out right or not, but it seemed like for each eight-bar riff, the next riff almost always starts early, like the riff is not a full eight bars. Maybe I just had the time or bpm wrong...is it 4/4?

Yeah it's a bit of a pain - there's an extra E5 chord before the third run of the verse riff. At the end of the second run, there's only two harmonic bits, and then the extra chord is the one the vocals start on - with the first lyric "RE-venge", the "RE" is on the extra chord. The rest then play as normal. Sorry for the awful explanation, it'll make sense when you listen to the song.

Steve