Germans Plan Spray-On Condom

dreaming neon darkspot

natures' retard
May 13, 2002
in times of grace
Nov 30, 2006 — BERLIN (Reuters)
German sex educators plan to launch a spray-on condom tailor-made for all sizes.
Jan Vinzenz Krause from the Institute for Condom Consultancy, a Singen-based practice that offers advice on condom use, told Reuters on Thursday the product aimed to help people enjoy better and safer sex lives.
"We're trying to develop the perfect condom for men that's suited to every size of penis," he said. "We're very serious."
Krause's team (spraykondom.de) is developing a type of spray can into which the man inserts his penis first. At the push of a button it is then coated in a rubber condom.
"It works by spraying on latex from nozzles on all sides," he said. "We call it the '360 degree procedure' — once round and from top to bottom. It's a bit like a car wash."
Krause said the plan is to make the product ready for use in about five seconds. He said it would function more effectively as a contraceptive because it would fit better and not slip.
However, before the new condom can be sold in shops, the firm must ensure that the latex is evenly spread when sprayed, as well as optimize the vulcanization process.
Krause hopes the high tech condom, which will be available in different strengths and colors, will on the market by 2008.
He said the spray can would likely cost some 20 euros ($26) as a one-off purchase. The latex cartridges — sufficient for up to 20 applications — would cost roughly 10 euros, he said.
Krause said he had hit upon the idea when considering the difficulties some people faced using condoms, and drew inspiration from spray-on plasters now used in medicine.

Copyright 2006 Reuters News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Sounds like a decent idea, but also sounds risky. How would the person know if enough spray was put on? It would change with each person. Also, who the hell is going to want to carry that around? I think a pack of Trojan's would be safer and more practical.

Yeah, but if you spray too much, it would take away a lot from the pleasure, which would pretty much be the same as a regular condom.
Although I guess it probably wouldn't be aerosol, so a couple of full pumps should almost always give the same results, and latex supposedly solidifies right away.
Still sounds kind of interesting, but I don't see how it would be that much better than a regular condom. I would think the odds of a few of the nozzles getting clogged would be as great, if not greater, than getting a broken condom.
It's also not as if condoms are baggy.

what about the reservoir tip?!
Yeah. I'd hate to think what would happen if it didn't have one.

screenshot.jpg