get ready

how the fuck can half these people say they're fans though. they sit on here all day talking about all things not related to nevermore, bash the band, album or member in some way when a related topic comes up, and then don't really seem to care if they lose two of the strongest members.

then there's guru, who NEVER comes around (who gives a shit) unless someone leaves like Steve, or now this. you clearly don't like Nevermore anymore. So leave the forum...it's simple.

I'm not sticking up for guru, because I really couldn't give a shit, but please don't equate not posting on this train wreck of a message board to not being a fan.

I'm actually glad. I think that the focus on Nevermore as a band in general switched since Dead Heart to Jeff's guitar skills and less on the band that created super original, dark, heavy and honest metal that was way ahead of its time.

Hopefully they'll get someone who understands the original vibe of the band and take it back to the focus being on songwriting and atmosphere.

what's tim calvert up to? :D

This is what I've been thinking for a while now. Is it just me, or is anyone else EXCITED about the possibility of new blood within the band? I wish them all the best, but in my opinion Jeff was holding NM back. It seems like after Dead Heart everything just shifted to "OMG SWEEPING!" and "LISTEN TO THIS SOLO!" type albums (aside from a cool song here and there). Sentient 6 is the best song on TGE and Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday is the best song on EoR. The last album had moments; to me it sounded like the albums were slowly becoming showcases of shred and not songs. Just my opinion.

I also think this is the most we've spoken about NM in about 8 years.

I hope Jeff and Van start something new together. I personally wouldn't mind hearing some of Jeff's riffage with nice brutal vocals on top of it.

This is what I've been thinking for a while now. Is it just me, or is anyone else EXCITED about the possibility of new blood within the band? I wish them all the best, but in my opinion Jeff was holding NM back. It seems like after Dead Heart everything just shifted to "OMG SWEEPING!" and "LISTEN TO THIS SOLO!" type albums (aside from a cool song here and there). Sentient 6 is the best song on TGE and Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday is the best song on EoR. The last album had moments; to me it sounded like the albums were slowly becoming showcases of shred and not songs. Just my opinion.

I also think this is the most we've spoken about NM in about 8 years.

Dare I say that I agree with you on every point?

I would, but the best song on EoR is clearly Who Decides.

Jesus why did I go back and read this thread? That was the stupidest possible thing I could have done.

Sad news. Nevermore was pretty much the perfect band for a certain time and place in my life, and I continue to really enjoy them. On the other hand, maybe there's something to the idea that a post-Jeff Nevermore might sound more like the 90s incarnation of the band...but we'll find out, won't we? I'm just glad I got to see the guys live when I did.

All the best to Jeff and Van. Can't wait for the next album from the rest of you crazy fools.