get ready

WOW, I think some of you REALLY FUCKING NEED THIS RIGHT ABOUT NOW:

blue-blood-420-babe.jpg

Everyone needs to calm. the. fuck. down.

This is a sad day, but it sounds like it needed to happen...where do we go from here?
I'm mostly curious as to whether Nevermore will disband or find replacements...None of this has really sunk in yet, as I just got back from a happy bass fishing trip.

I have never seen an UM thread evolve so rapidly...shit

And this is shitty, shitty news. Warrel and Jeff were my favorite singer/guitar team, they have such a rad and identifiable sound together. This is a damn shame. To me, that is what makes Nevermore. for better or worse. Warrels "I'm currently going insane" voice and Loomis' diminished madness. Sad day in metal...

The "I'm currently going insane vocals" have been used less and less as the band's wanking fans increased. This is clearly the problem with the band as has already been stated ad nauseum in the thread.

The news is disappointing as all hell, but I have a feeling I'll be following Warrel's future endeavors much closer than Jeff's. Not to say I didn't like ZOP or Jeff's newer material, but it that stuff doesn't work in the context of Nevermore. It's like the sound went all Berkeleyfag and completely lost it's fluidity. That being said, I completely agree that the next Loomis band would probably have painfully generic vocals, a real shame that the brooding and chaotic atmospheres gave way to too much focus on uninteresting wanking (I've always absolutely hated the I, Voyager solo for this reason).

GREATLY anticipating the effect (if any) on newer WD solo material.

How did I miss this opportunity based on the thread title all day?

Last edited by a moderator:
I applaud your post (at least the girl, not the drugs), Lesa. Shame they're fake boobs, but can't have it all.

For me personally, I follow DW and see this as an opportunity - if both WD/Jim and Jeff/Van surround themselves with musicians as good as themselves, then pretty soon we'll have two awesome bands instead of one. I wish each and every one of them the best, at any rate.

Jeff and Van should try and stay together. If Jeff returned to his death metal roots I would fucking shit myself with joy if Van went along for the ride. Not sure if Van is into that style, though, or even Jeff now for that matter.

Oh whoa, those are some fake bewbs..my apologies.
That could be why the nips are askew, but asymmetry is perfectly normal in breasts, as I have seen dozens. ;)
Probably the most fun aspect of having wimmens in lifedrawing..

Continue...

It's officially sinking in. Fuck :(

I applaud your post (at least the girl, not the drugs), Lesa. Shame they're fake boobs, but can't have it all.

For me personally, I follow DW and see this as an opportunity - if both WD/Jim and Jeff/Van surround themselves with musicians as good as themselves, then pretty soon we'll have two awesome bands instead of one. I wish each and every one of them the best, at any rate.

That's a far better outlook, indeed!

if both WD/Jim and Jeff/Van surround themselves with musicians as good as themselves, then pretty soon we'll have two awesome bands instead of one. I wish each and every one of them the best, at any rate.

You know - that is a great way to look at it and it would be the "best case scenario". Instead of waiting 5 years between releases, we could have a year with Sanctuary, a year with whatever Jeff/Van put together, a year of WD solo material and then a year of the "mutated NM". There's no reason to take sides - WD's stuff will be centered around his vocals and lyrics and Jeff's stuff will be centered around the guitar shredder world - I can live with that.

The "I'm currently going insane vocals" have been used less and less as the band's wanking fans increased. This is clearly the problem with the band as has already been stated ad nauseum in the thread.

It has, yes. However I don't agree with that shit at all. Warrel's all over the place on every album. Also, people don't seem to like Godless, I guess I'm the only one that thinks that album is fucking amazing. (NO, not just because of Loomis' diminished sweeps.)

And everyone on here seems to think Warrel can do no wrong and Loomis was holding things back. Sure, Jeff has put out some songs that are clearly phoning it in, but don't act like Warrel hasn't done the same on the vocal front as well. They both fucking rule and they both have made some total filler at times. I guess I'm the only one that sees it this way.

OK, so I need to un-lurk to weigh in on this:

From the last album, it's been pretty clear something isn't working. Overall, maybe this is the best thing - lots of bands have a shelf life, and many exceed it. Since WD is adamant that the band will continue, I'll wait and see. Van will be just as hard to replace as Jeff, though, and the hardest thing will be finding replacements that work as well as a unit while continuing the NM sound.

As to what Jeff and Van do? If it's indeed a project together, and it's in an environment where they can create to the level we know they're capable of - and with people with similar capabilities - then it should be good.

Unfortunately, I have to temper this with the knowledge that with good bands the whole is frequently more than the sum of the parts.

The arguing I'm going to ignore, since you're all just a bunch of cunts anyway. :p