get ready

The "I'm currently going insane vocals" have been used less and less as the band's wanking fans increased. This is clearly the problem with the band as has already been stated ad nauseum in the thread.

not directed at you alone, but it's puzzling to see that the majority of posts (trolling included) in this thread are people comparing themselves as fans against... well.. everyone else. which is pretty much the dumbest part ever. no one gives a shit how much bigger of a fan you are then other people or for what reason. it's one of the many reasons why people in here post food as response and also why everyone hates Will.

can't we all just mourn in peace instead of people wanting to stand on the biggest pedestal

Howdy doody, Nevermore peepuhls! :D

I don't typically visit fan forums, mainly because there's not a whole lot of relevant discussion about the band in question; usually it's just a bunch of trolling, flame wars, fan-bashing, and people posting funny shit. *glances around* But it's clear that there are a lot of strong feelings in here, and when I heard this news, I thought that maybe I should pop in and see what everyone else had to say.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like there really were a whole lot of opinions on the how's and why's this happened. Seems to me like most of you just sort of turned on each other. That's a bummer.

Obviously because I don't post here, I'm not going to poke at anyone with sticks (although I do enjoy it immensely).

I just wanted to say that it's sad news for those of us who have watched this band evolve from the beginning, just as it was sad news when Tim Calvert peaced out, just as it's sad news when any member of any band decides to bounce. But it does no good to start chewing on each other's asses about it.

Look at it this way: With all the lingering suspense that WD created at the beginning of this thread, it could have been something far more tragic than a paradigm shift. What if (God forbid) someone hadn't left the band, but in fact PASSED AWAY? I highly doubt that you all would be bashing them and bashing each other. No, you would sing his praises, post photos, and console one another, and all of a sudden, being a "fanboi" would be a bragging right.

We all got into this band because of the people in it. I'm not going to stop being a fan of Jeff Loomis because he made this decision. That's just stupid. And why is everyone bashing Jeff, anyhow? I don't know about you guys, but in all my years on this giant fucking rock, I have yet to meet a highly accomplished, magazine-glossing, world-touring major-label lead guitarist who DIDN'T have an ego. (Trust me; do you know who my husband is? *lol*)

And for the record, I had the pleasure of meeting all these guys back in 2002. I've seen them live about seven or eight times. I haven't really stayed in direct communication with any of them because life happens and we're all really fucking busy. But you know what? Jeff was always the one who was willing to sit down with me over a beer and shoot the shit, Jeff was always the one who had a hug for me every time he saw me, and Jeff is STILL the only one who drops me a line from time to time for no particular reason, just to say hello. So I'm not sure which Jeff Loomis some of you are referring to, but I've never met him.

In closing, bad news for fans, but obviously good news for all parties involved. A band of people who don't get along will inevitably make shitty records.

Peace.

Howdy doody, Nevermore peepuhls! :D

I don't typically visit fan forums, mainly because there's not a whole lot of relevant discussion about the band in question; usually it's just a bunch of trolling, flame wars, fan-bashing, and people posting funny shit. *glances around* But it's clear that there are a lot of strong feelings in here, and when I heard this news, I thought that maybe I should pop in and see what everyone else had to say.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like there really were a whole lot of opinions on the how's and why's this happened. Seems to me like most of you just sort of turned on each other. That's a bummer.

Obviously because I don't post here, I'm not going to poke at anyone with sticks (although I do enjoy it immensely).

I just wanted to say that it's sad news for those of us who have watched this band evolve from the beginning, just as it was sad news when Tim Calvert peaced out, just as it's sad news when any member of any band decides to bounce. But it does no good to start chewing on each other's asses about it.

Look at it this way: With all the lingering suspense that WD created at the beginning of this thread, it could have been something far more tragic than a paradigm shift. What if (God forbid) someone hadn't left the band, but in fact PASSED AWAY? I highly doubt that you all would be bashing them and bashing each other. No, you would sing his praises, post photos, and console one another, and all of a sudden, being a "fanboi" would be a bragging right.

We all got into this band because of the people in it. I'm not going to stop being a fan of Jeff Loomis because he made this decision. That's just stupid. And why is everyone bashing Jeff, anyhow? I don't know about you guys, but in all my years on this giant fucking rock, I have yet to meet a highly accomplished, magazine-glossing, world-touring major-label lead guitarist who DIDN'T have an ego. (Trust me; do you know who my husband is? *lol*)

And for the record, I had the pleasure of meeting all these guys back in 2002. I've seen them live about seven or eight times. I haven't really stayed in direct communication with any of them because life happens and we're all really fucking busy. But you know what? Jeff was always the one who was willing to sit down with me over a beer and shoot the shit, Jeff was always the one who had a hug for me every time he saw me, and Jeff is STILL the only one who drops me a line from time to time for no particular reason, just to say hello. So I'm not sure which Jeff Loomis some of you are referring to, but I've never met him.

In closing, bad news for fans, but obviously good news for all parties involved. A band of people who don't get along will inevitably make shitty records.

Peace.

What's up Danae?

This is such shitty news, and it's also too ironic. Not two days ago I ordered a TGE shirt, and was wondering what would happen if Loomis left the band, and also wondered why he had not yet. Not only is he a phenom, he could go pretty much anywhere else and probably make a lot more money in the process. I thought "hey, he's in it for the artistic integrity, so he isn't going anywhere", and then I see this news today...

That being said, my three favorite Nevermore albums always had two guitarists, and those with Loomis alone never felt nearly as strong to me. I doubt the band will really sound anything at all similar if they actually do end up finding a replacement though. It wasn't just his technical skill, it was the songwriting, and that's just not something that's easily replaced.

Still, as others have already stated...if each of the members land in a happy place where the end result is more material, then so be it, as long as we are able to hear some of our favorite musicians still performing that's what matters the most I think. Although I'm praying that the Sanctuary albums and any possible Nevermore albums sound more distinct from the Warrel solo stuff. His album was decent, but it couldn't really touch what was done in his "real" band music wise (vocals were fine...), and the last album had too much of a solo album vibe. TOC was a pretty huge letdown for me, and the only real standout parts were 'She Comes in Colors' and the solo on 'Without Morals'.

And yeah, I know Van left too, and was an important member...but let's be real.

I don't typically visit fan forums, mainly because there's not a whole lot of relevant discussion about the band in question; usually it's just a bunch of trolling, flame wars, fan-bashing, and people posting funny shit.
Trolling? Flame wars? Funny shit? Here? Come now

Otherwise, well thought out post, if a bit self-righteous and overgeneralizing of the people who've posted here. Though I have to say, the argument, "what if someone had died instead of left?" doesn't fly. The facts are what they are, there's no point going, "oh but it could be totally worse!"

1.ditch atilla
2.steve smyth and tim calvert
3.richard christy??? o_O
4.orgasm

I'm all for #2.

Calvert is a pretty cool dude (online). I've talked to him a few times on deh intarnatsssss. Smyth? Equally as cool and talented...and has a really good memory. I mentioned the show we met at and he randomly recalled my sharpie failing & some conversation about cartoons...years later.

Anyway, I think we all knew this was coming after the cancelled tour. The writing was clearly on the wall, along with some of WD's twitter posts. Usually where there is smoke, there is fire. For 'Nevermore', it sucks...and for how much I enjoyed every single album and every song for that matter...it really sucks.

But we all found that WD can hold his own, he clearly doesn't need Jeff or Van to be a great artist. The same goes for Jeff & Van. I'm a fan of everyone in the band, so for me it's still a loss that they are no longer in Nevermore - but it just means I will have much more music to listen to. I know there are guitarists and drummers all over the world DROOLING at the opportunity to carry the name and play behind WD. For those who say you can't replace Jeff, no you can't replace him with someone who will be able to take his sound and make it not sound like a copy cat. There are a lot of other guitarists with as good and even better chops than ol' Loomis. And as far as I concerned Van is the most under rated drummer out there. It just so happens Jeff's writing and playing has always been a #1 favorite of mine and it was even more fitting that my favorite writer/vocalist is WD, I don't need them in the same band to enjoy their music.

If WD insists Nevermore didn't just die today, trust this man who has written countless songs and been in two very successful bands to not let everyone down. He's not going to hire two slouches to 'replace' Jeff & Van. You'll see two new dynamic artists joining Nevermore. I am actually excited to see what happens next, when I look through the cd booklets and see the credits for every song, Calvert/Smyth wrote my favorite songs - which I didn't realize until a few years ago.

It's not over guys. Chill the fuck out.

*Edit: Everyone crying about Ego's, yeah we all have ego's? Who knows exactly what WD is referring to when he talks about Jeff/Van's ego. It could simply be about the direction they want to go in the band and not backing down from it, or if they are looking to be recognized/treated/paid/sucked off/fucked in ways the band/label can't afford. Until someone elaborates further...we'll never knnow.

All I can do is judge by interviews with the whole band and from my personal experience meeting them. I met everyone but WD and they couldn't have been any friendlier, they missed 3/4 of the headliners set, standing outside in the dark with 3 of my friends talking about the dumbest shit imagineable.

. But you know what? Jeff was always the one who was willing to sit down with me over a beer and shoot the shit, Jeff was always the one who had a hug for me every time he saw me, and Jeff is STILL the only one who drops me a line from time to time for no particular reason, just to say hello. So I'm not sure which Jeff Loomis some of you are referring to, but I've never met him.

Its cause you have tits.

you won't be happy and I sure as hell am not

Sorry, I know I'm a Noob on here.......only posted a couple of times.......but I'm not happy either. Worse news possible yesterday, I just hope that one day the guys can reconcile their differences and come back together as friends and band mates once again. Not really sure what the future holds for everyone but I wish them all the best, whatever happens. If Jeff and Van start a new band fine, if Warrel creates a new Nevermore with two new members fine, they are all awesome musicians, songwriters and Warrel the most unique vocalist ever, so Good Luck for the future whatever this may hold. I will be supporting all parties and future projects as I love them both. It's just so sad it came to this, but I hope for a reunion somewhere, sometime in the future.

Sorry, I know I'm a Noob on here.......only posted a couple of times.......but I'm not happy either. Worse news possible yesterday, I just hope that one day the guys can reconcile their differences and come back together as friends and band mates once again. Not really sure what the future holds for everyone but I wish them all the best, whatever happens. If Jeff and Van start a new band fine, if Warrel creates a new Nevermore with two new members fine, they are all awesome musicians, songwriters and Warrel the most unique vocalist ever, so Good Luck for the future whatever this may hold. I will be supporting all parties and future projects as I love them both. It's just so sad it came to this, but I hope for a reunion somewhere, sometime in the future.

ever hear of a band called G'n'R?

The overshadowing of Van's departure is bothering me just like it's bothering a few of you. There are oodles of guitarists that sit in their mother's basement, practicing Jeff's riffs and solos, and a lot are pretty damn good at duplicating what he does... On the other hand, I've NEVER heard a drummer sound like Van. As cool of a guy that Jeff's been to me over the years, I have to go on the "Fuck, what will they do about drums?" side. They're both obviously going to be successful (or, in the very least, happy) in whatever they choose from here on out.

When Warrel and Jim decide to slow the writing for Sanctuary and audition people for Nevermore, you can be sure that they won't fuck with the sound. In fact, in knowing their CD preferences, I'd go as far as to say that I'm excited for what the future holds (even though no one sees what tomorrow knows). If, at the end of the day, they realize that they can't fill the big clown shoes that were left, I'm sure they'd ultimately end this band and continue on with something else, instead of tarnishing what they've worked so hard to achieve. Those two guys are BIG on pleasing their fans, so it's safe to assume that they'll keep us in mind when sifting through able-bodied musicians.

With that being said, here are my fantasy lineup picks:

Warrel Dane
Jim Sheppard
Atilla... the hun
RON JARZOMBEK
RICHARD CHRISTY

The overshadowing of Van's departure is bothering me just like it's bothering a few of you. There are oodles of guitarists that sit in their mother's basement, practicing Jeff's riffs and solos, and a lot are pretty damn good at duplicating what he does... On the other hand, I've NEVER heard a drummer sound like Van. As cool of a guy that Jeff's been to me over the years, I have to go on the "Fuck, what will they do about drums?" side. They're both obviously going to be successful (or, in the very least, happy) in whatever they choose from here on out.

Agreed. I truly hate the way Van is overshadowed in all this, since he's such an integral part of what makes NM, well, NM. He's always managed to build a groove under Jeff's screwy riffs, and that's not a simple thing.

With that being said, here are my fantasy lineup picks:

Warrel Dane
Jim Sheppard
Atilla... the hun
RON JARZOMBEK
RICHARD CHRISTY

Ugh. I hate Christy. Ron, however, can do no wrong.

hmmm....i'd be down for christy....but from whats been said, alot of people would hate to see Ron in the band, what with all his "technical wankery"

and isn't it obvious that arrington was a much better drummer than van? I mean he did some of a the old stuff, which is obviously wayyyy better than anything past the EP....

this was all sarcastic

My fantasy lineup:

Warrel
Jim
Atilla
James Murphy
derek roddy

IF NOT ME AS THE REPLACEMENT FOR JEFF