get ready

Listened to ToC on repeat/random today a few times. Wichers needed his editing scissors taken away. Some of it is a bit awkward, parts seemed like they were forced to fit, but overall I think it's a fine effort.

I've ranted a lot about why I hate TGE, I'll skip that.

TOC was the first taste of old Nevermore we've got since DNB. It had a much better and darker atmosphere. The album felt bleak and hopeless. TGE had no atmosphere. It felt more like a collection of songs. Warrel's emotion felt forced in TGE. In TOC he sounded more passionate.

"I feel the moonrise", when I hear him sing that line my heart melts and spine chills. "And The Maiden Spoke" it feels like Warrel is really painting you a picture of this mysterious girl instead of "HUR DUR SENTIENT 6 ROBOTS GONNA TAKE OVER LOL"

I would like to know what exactly you enjoy about TGE? Is it the musicianship? The abstract songwriting? TGE to me, was pretentious. Same problem with Opeth now.

TGE kind of reminds me of Borknagar's newest album. A pretentious collection of songs that don't build an album as whole and don't flow together right. TOC wasn't always solid, but it created a dark atmosphere.

I've ranted a lot about why I hate TGE, I'll skip that.

TOC was the first taste of old Nevermore we've got since DNB. It had a much better and darker atmosphere. The album felt bleak and hopeless. TGE had no atmosphere. It felt more like a collection of songs. Warrel's emotion felt forced in TGE. In TOC he sounded more passionate.

"I feel the moonrise", when I hear him sing that line my heart melts and spine chills. "And The Maiden Spoke" it feels like Warrel is really painting you a picture of this mysterious girl instead of "HUR DUR SENTIENT 6 ROBOTS GONNA TAKE OVER LOL"

I would like to know what exactly you enjoy about TGE? Is it the musicianship? The abstract songwriting? TGE to me, was pretentious. Same problem with Opeth now.

TGE kind of reminds me of Borknagar's newest album. A pretentious collection of songs that don't build an album as whole and don't flow together right. TOC wasn't always solid, but it created a dark atmosphere.

all subjective of course, so if we're being mature about it I can't fault your opinion. But I do disagree with everything you just said. In fact the exact opposite is true for me. TGE is bleak and hopeless and is one of WD's most inspired performances ever. Songs like My Acid Words and the title track are clear examples. Moonrise is solid, though, on the new album, for sure.

I love My Acid Words, Final Product, and Medicated Nation I should mention. Yeah I think we know where every forum member stands on the discography by now, I just wanted to say a few words about TOC now that it's had some time to grow.

I guess I just want Nevermore to be as hopeless and depressing sounding as possible. Warrel is best when he's making me want to kill myself.

I havent stated what albums I enjoy the most...

Right now, It's Nevermore and POE,

BUT, dead heart got me into the band and I always play it.

really, a song or 3 off of every album except for this last one gets played every day.

I enjoy everything about nevermore, and I am getting used to TOC.

So, NOW everyone's opinions on the discography are stated.

I like all of it. So fuck you :)

Edit: Except for Your Poison Throne, that song never should have been written, let alone a thought in someones head.

everything in Dead Heart is perfect, it's just the exact mix between old perfection and open mind heartfelt songs, that's the point of no return, there are some great songs from Nevermore to TOC but that one is the one that made me think "you only write one record like that in a band's life, with both music and lyrics".
Everything before is a slow path to sound like DHADW and everything after is just a try to get back to perfect songwriting like on DHADW, and i'm sure that WD knows what i'm talking about....
many of us are sick of five solos per song, and just want to feel that a song exists for a superior reason and not just for showing how everyone is able to play so Jeff took the right decision let's go back now to some true songwriting....

Emotion is such a subjective term, though.

Sometimes I don't want emotion. Enemies certainly didn't have any. That's the most robotic, soulless sounding album I've ever heard, and I love it. Dreaming Neon Black is nothing but emotion, but sometimes I don't want to fucking hear that either.

I know I contradicted my earlier post. Either way, if you think Dead Heart is the best album you have a problem.

yeah i know i'm he only one who think that way, so i must be quite deranged but i have to agree with an old WD interview (2000) where he was saying that it was their best record, so if WD says it, i have to agree....:dopey:

hahaha !!!

many of us are sick of five solos per song, and just want to feel that a song exists for a superior reason and not just for showing how everyone is able to play so Jeff took the right decision let's go back now to some true songwriting....

Good songs do not particularly need guitar solos.

I was kind of joking when I said that. I like DH more than a couple of the other albums.

Actually, thinking about it, I like it more than the new one, as well.