getting drum samples phase allgned in logic?

Jan 23, 2006
just wondoring how you guys go about lining up all your samples so when they are added to the original track you get no loss on low end. seems like every daw theres an easy tab to transient, or an option to scroll through your midi notes while keeping the original track (WAYYY zoomed in) in the center of the screen. whats your workflow ? i prefer to use midi since i can edit all the dynamics/any hit anytime. logics audio to score more then not places midi notes too early, the drum replacement feature seems to be a little better but its till not tight enough for me. dont even say drumagog or aptrigga, i have both and while they both work alright for different things, its still not accurate enough for me. why cant massey DTM be around still....and have an AU version :cry:

I use piano roll on the bottom of my screen with my midi information, and if you're talking about quatizing the audio tracks with the midi samples (or transient location for lining up samples) I quantize manually with tab to transient. By snare just command-click on a track, then shift -> to find the transients. Split by locator, and line up. Takes forever, but I've found it's the a very accurate way to it it in logic, especially on my ridiculous broke student budget. I hope this is what you were looking for.

Cheers