Getting some demos recorded...

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
Me and a mate want to get some demos written and recorded, but we aren't sure how to do it, like should we hire a cheap studio for a day and record a few songs in a blast, or should I do the recording myself with him at home, and use drum machines and shit instead?

We just want some rough recordings to try and get some new members, and to spread our racket a bit more :D

Any tips or help would be cool dudes :headbang:

Rough: Home recording

Polished: Studio $$$$

It's not one of the mysteries of the universe.

If the music is intended to be sold or given to labels, pay for a studio to mix it and master it professional. If it's just a slab of rough tracks, fuck it do it yourself.

You're not too bad getting decent enough sounds out of ampsim/drummachine demos Sonny, don't waste your money on demo/rough tracks, do it yourself, didn't you just get a toneport or something? That's all you need plus at least decent monitoring or various stereo systems to compare, you can do a good enough job I trust

You're not too bad getting decent enough sounds out of ampsim/drummachine demos Sonny, don't waste your money on demo/rough tracks, do it yourself, didn't you just get a toneport or something? That's all you need plus at least decent monitoring or various stereo systems to compare, you can do a good enough job I trust

Thanks man, I think I'll stick to doing this myself then, we can't afford to waste money on demos like that, and if I'm able to do something that kind of sounds decent, then we will stick with that :D

Thanks man, I think I'll stick to doing this myself then, we can't afford to waste money on demos like that, and if I'm able to do something that kind of sounds decent, then we will stick with that :D

Either way dude its a learning experience...Who knows, maybe youll gain alot from doing it yourslf and youll come out doing shit even better when its all said and done.

Either way dude its a learning experience...Who knows, maybe youll gain alot from doing it yourslf and youll come out doing shit even better when its all said and done.

Yup, this is the truth :kickass:

Yeah you should do that, I remember your cover of Obituary wasn´t bad at all, it was decent enough to be a demo