Steven Slate Drums 2.0: SIGNATURE DRUM KITS... DEMOS!!

YES. We are going to have a folder of REAL grooves played by real drummers. I'm going to get LA's top session drummers to lay down some killer grooves via VDrums and its going to sound fantastic. All you would do is set up a midi file in your DAW and drag and drop the grooves.

You planing to have any sales/deals again soon?

I'm definitely looking to buy them here real soon (waiting for a check) but was just curious......

deals for sneap guys are obviously quite common... but I can't say for sure...

DUDES. Wait till you hear the NRG room samples. Fucking killer stuff.

deals for sneap guys are obviously quite common... but I can't say for sure...

DUDES. Wait till you hear the NRG room samples. Fucking killer stuff.

Thanks Steven well I'm gonna try and hold out till you have a special deal but man i don't know if i can last..... :erk:

Ok. Here is a rimshot crack hit from upcoming snare22 and its Z5 stereo room sample from the amazing sound NRG studios.. download Snare22Z1Crack1 and Snare22Z5Crack1 here:
www.stevenslatedrums.com/nrgpunch

mixed a bit together they sound like:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/nrgpunch/SlateSnare22NRG.wav

Everyone who buys the Platinum this weekend (up until 10AM Pacific time Monday morning) will get 40 bucks paypal'd back and LE 20 bucks back... thats in honor of the US's bday... so basically its gonna be like getting a free upgrade to the NRG addition when it comes out.. this will probably be the last deal until the new version comes out... hope you like that snare hit guys!

yup something like that. You guys dig that snare? I'm loving it, hits nice and hard. Its a Pearl Reference Brass... sweet fucking drum..

Hey steven, do you ship to south america? I would be amazing if I could get those samples…

yeah its a cool sounding snare.... BTW we ship to south america all the time.. two orders went out to Brazil last week...

Posted this at the Slate forum as well - just wondering if anyone here has experienced this...

I have been using Slate Drums with Kontakt as a VST plugin to Sonar 7. Every once in a while when working in a project, the kick and snare will suddenly drop in volume (without adjusting any MIDI or Kontakt settings), usually after recording some audio or something in a different track. At this point, it seems like the cymbals also increase significantly in volume so they are basically all you hear from the drumkit. Has anyone experienced this?

I discovered a workaround last night by moving all of the tracks to a new Sonar project (all of the drum/cymbal volumes are somehow corrected), but would like to find out if there is an actual fix. Any help is much appreciated!

Posted this at the Slate forum as well - just wondering if anyone here has experienced this...

I have been using Slate Drums with Kontakt as a VST plugin to Sonar 7. Every once in a while when working in a project, the kick and snare will suddenly drop in volume (without adjusting any MIDI or Kontakt settings), usually after recording some audio or something in a different track. At this point, it seems like the cymbals also increase significantly in volume so they are basically all you hear from the drumkit. Has anyone experienced this?

I discovered a workaround last night by moving all of the tracks to a new Sonar project (all of the drum/cymbal volumes are somehow corrected), but would like to find out if there is an actual fix. Any help is much appreciated!

same shit here, i HATE kontakt!

same shit here, i HATE kontakt!

Here is one response I got on the Slate forum with a workaround:

I experience this in 6.2.1. The workaround Vita turned me onto is to make a new midi track, then copy/paste your events from the old track( I don't know how it works, any message in the old track should be on the copy, right?!?- but it does). Not sure what's up, but it seems like Kontakt gets a reset all controllers message, or similar. This happened my last 2 projects - I think this workaround is quick, almost painless as there is no open/close involved. Oh, delete the old track (or at least disable midi out assignment).
to ensure no corruption from the old track.

Steven, is there any samples that will make the Killswitch Engage sound?
Like the drums in this song:
They are so huge, clean and "in your face". Killswitch has the best metal drums sound in my opinion.

Or do you have something like Paramore's drums? I'm not a big fan of them, but they have a great sound.

The snare is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: