Steven Slate Drums 1.5 Update Info

steven, any chance of another sneap forum special for the elite mixer edition? i missed out the last time but i'm utterly convinced now and ready to drop some coin...

here is a little test demo I did of the first incarnation of ONE of the metallica kick/snares (there will be two metallica sets, a bit different).

I was debating posting this because the sounds are still being tweaked a bit and the guitars are NOT metallica sounding at all.. but you'll get an idea of what we got cooking:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/metallica2.wav

The signature kits (or classic album kits... still deciding) will be about 289... the drumagog GOG/WAV disc added to that will be an extra cost.. We might have a 150 dollar priced kit package too with less kits

first off, here is the latest Black Album Kick sample:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/metallica2.wav

again, disregard the fact that nothing besides the drums resembles metallica... we'll have better demos in a week.

Second, Steven Slate Drums 2.0 Signature Kits will be the 2.0 version... it will also include all the other drum samples and Elite Samples (some of which ARE already models) in kit form... let me know if that makes sense.

cool... could you guys add a zero in the name for all samples less than 10 (e.g. 01, 02, ... 09, 10) so they'll sort in order.

thanks...

That´s really nice. The kits will be only a kick and a snare or you will put the matching toms and cymbals too? Thanks for the replies!

I'll be matching everything I can, with a definite emphasis on kick snare and toms. The above uses what I'm calling the "later snare" sound of Metallica. I have a almost twin of the sound from Black Album... its more synthetic and snarey and agressive sounding. I'll post it before I go to AES. We also have some Black Album toms that sound awesome.

MoodBender, I assume you referr to the way Drumagog orders the hits? We can fix that, sure.

right, since the WAVs are in separate folders. but it's not a bad practice to have numbering fields a fixed length regardless and padded with zeros.

thanks and way the samples are organized with dry and ambient samples is just excellent. a very good way to work.

here is that Black Album snare now... it was one of the hardest I've done since the original black album snare is basically all digital sample, its very unrealistic sounding so I had to think a bit outside the box. Also, the digital reverb was a HUGE part of the snare's sound so again, I had to digitize the sound of the room as well... here is an early version of it:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/metallica5.wav

slate how do you mix your toms in asslutz? and wich ones do you use in it? plz hurry up with the cymbals and drumagog video :)

Damn it Slate! I am trying to learn the correct process to obtain a killer drum sound myself and your making it to easy for me to remain ignorant. :kickass:

slate how do you mix your toms in asslutz? and wich ones do you use in it? plz hurry up with the cymbals and drumagog video :)

Its funny, I really disliked the toms in that song, they don't resonate very deeply. All I did was crank some eq on the top end and bottom end, then used some slow attack fast release compression, but not much.

NEWS: For 2.0, we have a new METAL TOM set of 4... tons of bite and punch, modeled after Metallica but slightly IMPROVED with even more punch. Demo soon.

Damn it Slate! I am trying to learn the correct process to obtain a killer drum sound myself and your making it to easy for me to remain ignorant. :kickass:

Ha! Thats funny. Killer drums are about not compromising. If you are sound checking and something doesn't sound like you want it, fix it. And of course, my motto, "don't be a pussy with eq". Quote me on that one.

sorry for stupid question - but when the drumagog tutorial will be released) i'm waiting for it) haha