Steven Slate Drums 1.5 Update Info

Hey guys, there are two smear discs left as of 1:21PM Pacific US time... The upgrade to 2.0 with cymbals and sampler mappings is free to anyone who bought the original collection prior to August 17th... for everyone after, it'll be a fair upgrade cost. I'm still trying to figure out how we're going to do 2.0, I'm probably going to break it up into three 150 dollar packages that can be had all together for discounted price in a "gold" package of sorts.

At this point we have so many drums I don't know what the hell we're going to do, but the three package deal sounds good to me, what do you guys think?

BTW, I'd like to announce a new "pro" user... Jay Baumgardner.. Papa Roach, Evanessence, POD, Drowning Pool, and many many more...

here is the smear link again:
www.stevenslatedrums.com/smear.html

No I'm just talking the sampler packages.. the GOG/WAV thing will be a seperate thing... Since there is so many samples, I figured breaking the sampler packages into THREE copies (all with same cymbals but different hits) would be better on people's bank accounts.. If you have the loot, then all three would come in a discounted bundle. A person who wants the GOG/WAV too can add that on as well to any package. I'm just thinking aloud here, if anyone (especially someone who has the collection) wants to chime in, I'm all ears.

BTW, one Elite Mixer Discount package left (save 80 bucks!)
www.stevenslatedrums.com/smear.html

i finally decided to check these Slate Drums out and got my order in.... the disc arrived today and i'll be trying them out on a rock mix i have coming up, Seven Wiser.

I'm lucky enough to have some of my very favorite mixers using my drum samples. Its such a trip to be able to talk shop with these guys after being influenced by their mixes for so long. One of these guys is producer/mixer/engineer Jay Baumgarder.

Jay Baumgardner has produced and mixed some incredible sounding albums by artists like EVANESSENCE, PAPA ROACH, HOOBASTANK, GODSMACK, DROWNING POOL, SEETHER, NEW FOUND GLORY, DEADSY, ORGY, ALIEN ANT FARM... and I could probably go on but you get the point.

So here is what Jay had to say about us:

"The Steven Slate Drums collection contains some of the best sounding drum samples I've heard. The variety is fantastic, I can find a drum sound for any given mix. All the samples have a great PUNCH and PRESENCE that is way beyond any other drum collection I've heard. Truely an invaluable tool for a rock mixer. And they taste great too."

Jay is currently producing and mixing the new POD record which I've heard some cuts from. And it ROCKS.

ALSO, we modded our product page to better suit our customers... check it! and also keep checking the free sample thread to see if you won an Elite Mixer Package

Steven Slate Drums 2.0 CLASSIC KITS coming late october Felipe, worth the wait, I promise

I mean like name some of the most classic drums sounds from the last twenty or so years. Metallica Black Album? Deftones White Pony? AC/DC Back in Black? Nirvanna Nevermind? Led Zep? There will be kits modeling all of em. And we'll also have "Elite Mixer" kits where we'll have some of our top dog mixer clients customize their own kits. Hopefully Andy will honor us with one of those, I haven't touched base with him in a bit though. Yes there will some more custom drums to further match the originals. Yes it will kick fucking ass. Yes you should be very excited.

And lets keep this info a Sneap Forum secret, none of this info is really out yet in detail. BTW it seems our genius idea of "Classic Kits" is misleading.. now that the cats out of the bag, how would you rename it?

I mean like name some of the most classic drums sounds from the last twenty or so years. Metallica Black Album? Deftones White Pony? AC/DC Back in Black? Nirvanna Nevermind? Led Zep? There will be kits modeling all of em. And we'll also have "Elite Mixer" kits where we'll have some of our top dog mixer clients customize their own kits. Hopefully Andy will honor us with one of those, I haven't touched base with him in a bit though. Yes there will some more custom drums to further match the originals. Yes it will kick fucking ass. Yes you should be very excited.

And lets keep this info a Sneap Forum secret, none of this info is really out yet in detail. BTW it seems our genius idea of "Classic Kits" is misleading.. now that the cats out of the bag, how would you rename it?

Legendary Kits.. not bad.. more ideas welcome

Metallica Black Album? Deftones White Pony?Nirvanna Nevermind? (...) Yes you should be very excited.

If you really nail these tones you should name it BONER KITS. Damn, you really know what a cool drum tone is. What about Nickelback´s All The Right Reasons or Portishead´s Live Roseland NYC?

Maybe in the future. Actually, if you make a Black Album kit, it will be my preset for life anyway, I won´t even bother listening to the other kits. :cool:

so we got Classic Kits, Legendary Kits, Signature Kits, and Boner Kits. Tough decision so far. And co, we'll nail those kits. The Black Album kit is already done actually. I started with the easiest.