Steven Slate Drums 1.5 Update Info

so ahh.. yeah. some a-hole thought it would be funny to hack into the yellowmatter email system and just f it up completely. So if you got like 60 emails from people asking you what a DAFS# is, now you know why. We fixed the problem and are currently hunting the hacker who will be found and killed with my bare hands.

Back to topic, the cymbals you hear are real BUT, they are the same cymbals that we did sample and you'll be able to recreate those sounds I assure you. I'm not releasing 2.0 until I can convince everyone here that they are a real drummer playing real mic'd drums. But for now, 1.5 Elite Mixer is the shit, these drums will knock you guys out, I promise.

anyone ordered from sweden? how long did it take to get it ?

and steve! hurry up with the drumagog video! :)

If Johnny Torrents, then we find his DAFS# number on the files and sue him. That the beauty of our antipiracy system. I didn't spend four years on this shit so Johnny could fuck me over.

Well, you better get used to the idea. Not that I support that, but given the quality and rising popularity of your product, this seems almost unavoidable these days.

The DAFS system is pretty revolutionary. Not many software manufacturers have the balls to one-discs with individual code on each. I'm sure we may get pirated but at the same time, we'll sue some people and make them wish they'd been good human beings.

But on a lighter note, a customer just sent me a bottle of Jameson Irish Whisky. This leads me to believe, that our customers fucking ROCK!!

The DAFS system is pretty revolutionary. Not many software manufacturers have the balls to one-discs with individual code on each. I'm sure we may get pirated but at the same time, we'll sue some people and make them wish they'd been good human beings.

But on a lighter note, a customer just sent me a bottle of Jameson Irish Whisky. This leads me to believe, that our customers fucking ROCK!!

i guess the saw to many times " back to the future " and " star wars ":lol: :lol:

Many thanks to Steven Slate! I had an address disaster in the making (moved, old address no longer available) with a session starting next week and they set me up.
Now lets hear the samples on my new speakers ;)

good to hear things are going cool.. make sure to divide the GOGS into seperate TOM SNARE and KICK folders if you are on OSX.

In other news... we all have felt the mighty slap of mastering and how when done poorly it can really kill your drum tone.. part of the testing of my samples was to make sure they could withstand even heavy mastering.. here are two masters of my band Blackline, they are quite loud and still have some nice kick and snare push to them:

Kick1a mixed with Elite Mixer Kick11, Elite Mixer Snare 12A:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/lcslutz.mp3

Kick4 and Elite Mixer Snare14:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/asslutz.mp3