Steven Slate Drums 2.0: SIGNATURE DRUM KITS... DEMOS!!

Well the accenting hits and all are a different story, and anyway, the more important part as I mentioned is the random sample cycling. And he may look fearsome in that pic, SM, but believe me, he's actually the most loving doofy pushover on Earth, and I wouldn't have him any other way! :D

My pooch is about the same although he seems to get demonically possessed everytime he gets in the studio and starts leaping on gear.

As far as random cycling, kontakt does have the Round Robin feature that cycles through samples.

Metaltastic... Kontakt and LE pack will work wonders for you.

Load up Kontakt. Navigate to my preset kits. Load kit. With drum map in front of you, start playing around. Record your kick and snare pass. Record your hi hat pass. Record a cymbals pass. Then edit, mess with some velocities. Listen to some metal records to get some ideas for cool drum grooves. Go nuts.

There will be a download in a few days with all new drumkit presets as WELL as new presets that have 9 stereo outs so you can mess with real faders in Kontakt, or route it to faders in your daw. Also, we'll be supplying a LOT of midi grooves and be posting them in the forum at my site.

My pooch is about the same although he seems to get demonically possessed everytime he gets in the studio and starts leaping on gear.

As far as random cycling, kontakt does have the Round Robin feature that cycles through samples.

Is there really only round-robin sequencing? I've got the SSD 2.0 pack and I've played with it a little bit using Kontakt3 + midi from DAW, but since it's the same sequence repeating everytime it does sound hmm ... well, random would be better. Have I done something wrong perhaps? Great samples, tho!!

Haven't you ever heard of a humanize function? It's just a random variation, and the more important part is the automatic sample cycling (listen to the ride in Fuge86's "Egg" for a perfect example of what I mean)

He's right. The Humanize and Random Velocity scripts in Kontakt completely suck. They're just random... not realistic at all. To get it sounding realistic is extremely tedious and requires you to go in and edit velocities for every single drum and cymbal. It's a pain.

Is there really only round-robin sequencing? I've got the SSD 2.0 pack and I've played with it a little bit using Kontakt3 + midi from DAW, but since it's the same sequence repeating everytime it does sound hmm ... well, random would be better. Have I done something wrong perhaps? Great samples, tho!!

Nah, it's like that for me too. It just cycles them.

There will be a download in a few days with all new drumkit presets as WELL as new presets that have 9 stereo outs so you can mess with real faders in Kontakt, or route it to faders in your daw. Also, we'll be supplying a LOT of midi grooves and be posting them in the forum at my site.

that's awesome steven:headbang:
thx a lot!

S.

PS: just ordered the 2.0 + kontakt, i am really in debt now, but hey...:headbang::lol:

right now the feature in Kontakt is round robin, which means the same two samples never play. If you have a programmed sequence, the same sequence will play the same samples but whats important again is that its not the SAME samples consecutively.

I'm listening now to a Dream Theater song and if I keep rewinding the track, I hear the same exact Mike Portnoy hits each time, they will never change. Overall, I can assure you that great sounds can be, and have been had. Joshua made reference to another track in my forum which is a idea of what can be acheived:

http://home.comcast.net/~moore9876/atfslatesample.mp3

I think having some midi files included in the package could be a really cool thing. It would give beginners a reference point to emulate rather than thinking they can't get what they need from the samples.

The midi forum proposal at your site is definetly a cool thing.

all german orders can now be preordered with www.dbsys.de

we are not on the website yet but will be this week... they'll be giving great deals

Went to the german site you linked - how exactly 169 euros for the LE version is a "great deal"? :err::err::err: Actually I'd pay about 229 $, that's 147,9901 euros, buying the same package through your own site with Express shipping, and 135,0654 euros with standard shipping... :) Or am I missing something? Like, customs taxes are not included in the grand total?

Howdy to you all, by the way - great forum, been following it since day one or so, but I registered just today :)

And Steven's samples are awesome, nobody ever captured the very essence of the Black Album's drums as Slate did, you rock n'rule.

the MIDI forum is now up at my site's forum... I'll contact DBS and find out more about the pricing, given the weak US dollar and many Europeans buying directly from the states, I'm trying hard to work out great deals with my European distributors to offer great deals. Whats the Euro to US dollar exchange? I will at least ensure that the price is equal to my page.

Be aware there is a VERY IMPORTANT Kontakt SSD update that will be posted on my site. All new NKM preset kits that fix a MAJOR hi hat bug (as in the second hi hat which is a great metal hi hat wasn't working).. and new hi hat mappings, as well as better presets in general... Since I have so many users here, I'll make sure to post a link here as well but all registered users should get an email.

Steven, do you happen to know whether Logan Mader used your samples for the Divine Heresy record?

The snare I hear in the stops in "Failed Creation" seems to be coming from your 1.0 pack (judging from what I can hear on your demos: I still have to buy your 2.0 pack)

Metaltastic... Kontakt and LE pack will work wonders for you.

Load up Kontakt. Navigate to my preset kits. Load kit. With drum map in front of you, start playing around. Record your kick and snare pass. Record your hi hat pass. Record a cymbals pass. Then edit, mess with some velocities. Listen to some metal records to get some ideas for cool drum grooves. Go nuts.

Just to inform you that I've just ordered my copy of the LE package through Yellow Matter :headbang:

How long will it take for shipping to Italy? I chose Express shipping. Man I cannot wait! :D:worship:notworthy

should take about 7-10 days... email Rodsgarage.net and tell them about us so we can get in italian retailers...

I'm listening now to a Dream Theater song and if I keep rewinding the track, I hear the same exact Mike Portnoy hits each time, they will never change.

http://home.comcast.net/~moore9876/atfslatesample.mp3

Hey Steve

Do you hear this on a user DT cover or the real album? Because Portnoy doesnt use samples. He vowed to never use them again after Images and Words. If you check out his site his also has videos of many of his tracks along with tutorials on each song.

Hey Steve

Do you hear this on a user DT cover or the real album? Because Portnoy doesnt use samples. He vowed to never use them again after Images and Words. If you check out his site his also has videos of many of his tracks along with tutorials on each song.

:erk:

huh?

thats just a guy using Slates samples dude