Steven Slate Drums 2.0: SIGNATURE DRUM KITS... DEMOS!!

it'll be in Sam Ash, Guitar Center, Sweetwater, and more. If you DON'T see it in your local GC, Sam Ash... then tell them to ORDER IT!!!

we are going to be all over retail in germany as well.. in fact our German distributor is placing the order this week...

THX A LOT STEVEN!
i am trying the kontakt3 demo right now,
for some reason it is really hard for me to get in this.
i hope there will be a battery3 thing soon.

I PROMISE you Kontakt is SUPER SUPER EASY. Takes a day or two. Simply navigate to my Volume 1 or 2 folder in the top left browser window, then go to the bottom to select a kit, drag it to the right, and start playing! The best part about my collection for Kontakt is I got to discover a lot of other great Kontakt libraries that kick ass. I've got a few pianos and orchestras I've been messing with... top notch stuff.

If you are in NY, Miami, Tampa, or Hollywood and want the collection, please visit your local SamAsh or Guitar Center.

steven
i think you should take out off your website the " drumagog video coming soon " if you are not going to release it really soon.. i really NEED IT

maybe we should take it off for now.. I have the video software but haven't had a free moment to do it. What specific questions do you have, I'll help you right here.

We have some cool news coming soon as well about a standalone version (a few months away so if you want the kits now, it'll be quite a wait).

that's damn tricky now! :lol:
could you tell us something about the standalone version?
will it be similar (GUI) to BFD, addictive drums, EZD etc.?
THX A LOT STEVEN!

S.

EDIT:

this would be great:

- "drum piece select GUI" only, means NO tweaking in the internal GUI like it is in BFD, AD etc.
this would come very close to real drum mixing IMO, i personally hate this all in one solutions.
(like...just route the kit pieces to your sequencer mixer and start mixing)

-a very simple groove editor/player something similar to the fruity loops piano roll thing.

-a few standard grooves, just to have a good basis to work/jam with. not that wannabe "metal" grooves like in BFD, AD etc.

:)

Many of the current shipping discs have an improper Hi Hat 2 Instrument. It is a duplicate of Hi Hat 1. If this is the case, please download these NEW HI HATS, with a properly working Hi Hat 2.

PLEASE NOTE THE SUSTAIN PEDAL NO LONGER IS NECESSARY AS ALL THE HI HATS ARE ON SEPERATE KEYS (1 KEY PER VARIANCE FOR BOTH TIP AND SHANK).

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/maps/hihats.zip

its in development, but it won't be out anytime too soon. It'll need a lot of testing etc... and it will be a very reasonable upgrade from the current collections so if you got into my drums now, you're not going to get slammed!

Hey Steve, the other thread about Superior 2.0 apparently sucking the nuts for metal has got me strongly considering your schtuff, so what would be the best option for me? Get the LE kit (I'm a metal guy and nothing else as far as recording goes) and Kontakt? I've never used Kontakt before, but I can safely say that I fucking hate Battery, so I sincerely hope Kontakt is a bit easier to use (with, say, FADERS to control volume rather than all this ADSR and velocity nonsense), and I assume that the LE kit comes with a Kontakt template for each kit, so I'd just open one up, and I'd have a kit all ready to go? Also, would it automatically load up a few samples for each drum/cymbal and alternate through them as well as varying their velocities, like EZD? Cuz I don't mind eq'ing/compressing a little cuz that's just a one-time thing, but for programming ALL I want to do is just click in notes in the piano roll, and have my sampler take care of all the rest (without having to manually change the velocities or move the notes around to "humanize" it). Thanks a lot!

Your gonna have to do velocities and timing yourself. No program can antipate what you want to do with it. The only way to achieve that is to use pre made midi files but then your restricted to what the programmer decided to do.

Haven't you ever heard of a humanize function? It's just a random variation, and the more important part is the automatic sample cycling (listen to the ride in Fuge86's "Egg" for a perfect example of what I mean)

Yes, i've heard of it. For the most part they pretty well suck. It depends on the the quality your after. You mentioned putting notes on the piano roll and having them flow in timing and velocity. I've never heard a program that can generate a solid feel without some manual input.

There's all kinds of plug ins in most daws to add swing, etc. If you really want a convincing part, there's just no substitute. It's too random.

There's no way a computer is gonna know that the kick is supposed to be allot harder exactly in sync with your riff or that the first note on each tom of your roll needs to be accented the way a real drummer would hit it.

BTW- I think the dog in you avatar is the alternate universe twin of mine. Creepy!

If one were to use an actual random number generator instead of 'move this back this preset amount' it could sound extremely natural, as a few of my guinea pigs would confirm if I felt like speaking up...

Jeff