GHOST IN THE RUINS performs STRANGE WINGS

I have absolutely no qualms about bitching about some of the shit you guys had to deal with. Because I'm a loud-mouth like that.

First, Jason already mentioned the timing issues. A lot of people didn't get to see the set because there was a line half a mile long out the door. They were still letting people in during Warbringer's set, and Warbringer was the direct support (two local acts, then Warbringer, then IE.) As I understand it, one woman came all the way from Milwaukee to see Ghost in the Ruins, AND she had a bum ankle. She missed them due to their scheduling.

Second, GitR was originally scheduled to be the second band of the evening, but the other band pitched a fit and the venue moved their set time, effectively shafting GitR. The only bright side I can see to that situation is that the other band is gaining themselves a reputation for behaving like the tots on Toddlers and Tiaras.

The worst part, though, was the random drunk dude going on and ON to me about Fleshgun Apocalypse during GitR's set. ...I think he was trying to hit on me...?

It was cool seeing Britt, though! I also got to see a lot of other people I don't normally see at shows, which was lots of fun. And GitR did do a fantastic job. There were some sound issues - Al's mic wasn't turned up much. The house mic drowned him out when he and the other vocalist shared vocal duties. I also heard a LOT of bass drum and guitar. The lead guitar was drowned out most of the time, which was a damn shame.

Glad to see you guys found yourselves a keyboard player! Despite the issues, looks like you fellas pulled it together as well as you could have. That's a pretty full stage there, haha

You guys should look into booking a venue with a larger stage and putting on your own show, maybe get two or three other bands and do an all-tribute night or something cool like that. If the bands (and band they were covering) were sweet, then I'd personally be attending the fuck out of it.

I was gonna say that you guys could even dress up and really work up the "Tribute" aspect, but after watching some live clips of Savatage it seems they don't really do much of that, shirts, jeans and long hair. Band members minus Zakk all seem to be wearing unbuttoned work shirts on their live in Japan clips. Something to think about, maybe.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, our image definitely needs some work and it is something we are talking about as a band.

Well, that stage isn't really THAT small. We were surrounded by all of ICED EARTH's gear, of which you had to stay a certain number of feet away from, as indicated by tape on the floor.

As Bob (Diabolik) said to me, we looked like THERION up there with all the members!

@ Bob - Thanks for posting the info for our upcoming show.
And yes, it is a double bill with BALLS TO THE WALL (Accept tribute) and us closing.
Both bands will get 90+ minute sets.

Oh there will be!!!
Our keyboardist has an HD camera which is killer.

The set will span from old to new, hits and deep cuts, and an Al Rybka free-style rap.

Great stuff, Jason!!!! I wish we had a Savatage tribute band somewhere around here - it takes a lot of balls to do that in the US, where there aren't many fans that would come out to see that (I; however, am NOT one of those!!).

There was a local band at the Savatage convention in 1999 that covered "Strange Wings" and totally re-arranged it to be a power ballad. Jon Oliva and Caffery were there and seemed to really like it.

Let us know if you ever get down Houston way!!!!

Chri :headbang:

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback.
Our vocalist has his finger on the pulse of EVERYTHING Savatage related.
As far as we know, we are the only currently active US Tribute.
There are others in Greece, Brazil, and Egypt I believe.

For the locals, here is info on our next show:
sharkcity.jpg

You guys did a fantastic job. I know the issues with the entry was a bunch of bull. I mean, there were still people waiting in line outside when your set was done. But a brilliant performance and a very appropriate start off band. You really got the crowd, all 15 of them lol, really into it and you have not ceased to amaze me. Keep up the good work and I plan on seeing you guys at the shark city gig.

Keep your horns up!!! \m/

You guys did a fantastic job. I know the issues with the entry was a bunch of bull. I mean, there were still people waiting in line outside when your set was done. But a brilliant performance and a very appropriate start off band. You really got the crowd, all 15 of them lol, really into it and you have not ceased to amaze me. Keep up the good work and I plan on seeing you guys at the shark city gig.

Keep your horns up!!! m/

Thank you very much.
Have we met before?
Just curious.

Oh, yeah, of course I know who you are Samantha!
You have been at all our gigs.
Sorry, I didn't know this was you on this forum (Can't really make out the AVATAR pic).

Yeah, you got the cool mod looking boyfriend!!!!

Thanks again for the support.

No worried Jasonic. It's all good. I sometimes forget the people I meet at shows too just cause I meet so many people. Looking forward to seeing you on the 4th!!!!

You guys were awesome, would have been nice to hear more songs of course. I can never get enough Savatage. The whole experience was disorganized at mojoes. I was one of the VIPs and I didnt get why things were running late and all the set backs. My friend was outside waiting and just made it in when you hit the stage, he was half way in. But anyway, killer job!

Just to give you a taste of what to expect according to Jason:

My name is Albie,
I love 'dem ho's.
I sniff 'dem out
Wid' my giant nose!

That shit's hardcore!

Anywho, thanks for the kind words, everyone. The show on May 4th is going to be pretty sweet. Anyone with five bucks to blow in the Chicago area should come on out and hang with us!

Stay metal (though I didn't in this post!). Never rust.
Albert

Just to give you a taste of what to expect according to Jason:

My name is Albie,
I love 'dem ho's.
I sniff 'dem out
Wid' my giant nose!

That shit's hardcore!

Anywho, thanks for the kind words, everyone. The show on May 4th is going to be pretty sweet. Anyone with five bucks to blow in the Chicago area should come on out and hang with us!

Stay metal (though I didn't in this post!). Never rust.
Albert

I will be home washing my hair that night.