GHOST IN THE RUINS perform STRANGE WINGS

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Here is one tune from our set this past Saturday opening for ICED EARTH.
Good seeing Pat from here and Mike (Odin) on Saturday, even though both missed our set. Long story.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiP07nVmaMA&list=UUQ3nadYNAGhuvqKhBFMJYCA&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

Though I would have never gone onstage with a singer dressed like that he looks like he just got off work at Office Max.

:wave:

Hahahaha,
Yeah, there is no doubt that the image is still a "work in process"!

Well, since you mentioned the bass, I will start the LONG STORY I briefly mentioned.

Let's say playing on the same bill with ICED EARTH is NO easy task.

Speaking just of the sound, the venue has a 40 Channel board.
Per IE, the opening bands were only permitted 8 (yes, you read that right....8) channels. We are a 7 piece band!!!!!!

The only thing mic'd from the drums was the bass drum and snare.
That's why you hear a LOT of bass.
I received the same feedback from people who watched us from the balcony.

there is lots of bad fashion going on in that video. looks like some college rock band playing Clancy's Pool Room.

You don't even want to know what people were talking about you, so I would shuttie. Ha!

Anyhow, please enlighten me.
What would you consider good fashion for a band?

Remember, you mix stripes and flannel and still wear Reebok low top white sneakers.

You don't even want to know what people were talking about you, so I would shuttie. Ha!

Anyhow, please enlighten me.
What would you consider good fashion for a band?

Remember, you mix stripes and flannel and still wear Reebok low top white sneakers.

please post what people were saying I would love to hear?

I think bands should wear whatever they want to wear.

Yeah it sucked waiting outside for 45 minutes to get in. I did hear the bass drum though at times.

yes and no....some bands can pull it off just fine but nothing worse than some local opener just going up and playing. Sometimes having a look can help a band....remember Wolfbait. No one would have watched them if they were not in the goofy costumes and stuff. Sometimes just all dressing a certain way can give a little more power to the performance. Some bands it really helps with havings something more than what ever cool band shirt you are wearing.