GHOST IN THE RUINS to support RHAPSODY @ MoJoes on June 5th

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
We have to thank the fine folks at MoJoes for yet another great opportunity!
GHOST IN THE RUINS will be on the RHAPSODY OF FIRE bill.

Here are the details:
TUESDAY JUNE 5, 2012 @ 7PM
MOJOES in JOLIET, IL

RHAPSODY OF FIRE
VOYAGER
PANZER
GHOST IN THE RUINS
ACT OF DESTRUCTION

Tickets are $22 in advance, and $25 at the door.

We are selling advance tickets for only $20!!!!

I will have them with me at RAGNAROKKR on Saturday so hit me up.
If you are not going, and need tix, please PM me.

Thanks.

There was some confusion honestly about the availability of the bands on the bill, and in the meantime ACT OF DESTRUCTION were added. We have actually been on the bill for months if you have seen the Illinois Entertainer or their official site.
As a band though, for various reasons, we chose to wait to announce it from our end.

Be annoyed. I will be too busy changing my pants repeatedly during RHAPSODY'S set!

And for those of you who may not like what you've heard of Voyager, I'm telling you, you guys need to give them a chance. There were a TON of people who didn't particularly like them prior to Progpower that were made into fans on their performance alone.

How do you spell VOYAGER????

Look guys, as a fan, of course I agree with you.
The reality from the club's perspective is that each local, if they do the job, will generate over $1000 in revenue for this gig.
Advance ticket sales make the promoter less reliant on "at the door" sales.

Sure, the majority of folks who buy tickets from the bands may have gone anyways.
But by selling them for discounted in advance, it guarantees they buy a ticket and helps that fan confirm their attendance.

I know this isn't rocket science, but its the way it goes.

How do you spell VOYAGER????

Look guys, as a fan, of course I agree with you.
The reality from the club's perspective is that each local, if they do the job, will generate over $1000 in revenue for this gig.
Advance ticket sales make the promoter less reliant on "at the door" sales.

Sure, the majority of folks who buy tickets from the bands may have gone anyways.
But by selling them for discounted in advance, it guarantees they buy a ticket and helps that fan confirm their attendance.

I know this isn't rocket science, but its the way it goes.

I was just messing with your statement about needing to change pants for Rhapsody. Voyager is the band that will amaze on that bill.

OH... hahahahaha.
Well, I have been a RHAPSODY fan for almost 10 years and have never seen them, so I could not care less who opens.
I will certainly watch VOYAGER but honestly not going to invest much time beforehand....

That's funny, I stopped being a Rhapsody fan about 10 years ago. After Dragonflame I totally lost interest. I'll give them a few songs live just to see if they can win me over, but for me the show is all about Voyager.

Was Dragonflame 10 years ago already? Wow, so I guess technically its been longer than that!
What hooked me on Rhapsody was actually a tape that Bob (Diabolik) gave me around 1999 that had Emerald Sword on it.

Anyhow, the last Rhapsody full length I liked was Symphony of Enchanted Lands II.
In all fairness I have not heard the most recent two.

My guess is the set will be chock full o'classics anyhow.

Was Dragonflame 10 years ago already? Wow, so I guess technically its been longer than that!
What hooked me on Rhapsody was actually a tape that Bob (Diabolik) gave me around 1999 that had Emerald Sword on it.

Anyhow, the last Rhapsody full length I liked was Symphony of Enchanted Lands II.
In all fairness I have not heard the most recent two.

My guess is the set will be chock full o'classics anyhow.

I didn't listen to the last one but I thought Frozen Tears of Angels was quite good.

Well, I have been a RHAPSODY fan for almost 10 years and have never seen them, so I could not care less who opens.
I will certainly watch VOYAGER but honestly not going to invest much time beforehand....

That's exactly how I feel. Even though I haven't bought their new albums for a while, I still love the old stuff and can't wait to see them.

I saw this tour in Cleveland last night. Rhapsody absolutely slayed! Fabio was unreal and the whole band was very into it. It was everything I hoped it would be and there were great fans and lots of people singing along and getting into it. Voyager was also very good and I was glad to see the energy was still there even in the small club. They played a pretty short set but were spot on. The opening band Gravity were an instrumental band...they were essentially Dream Theater without vocals. Very boring. The turnout at Peabody's was maybe 150 or so. I did notice some left after Voyager.

See everyone at Mojoes tomorrow night!