Gibson 2015 prices!

Boerboel666

Apr 17, 2010
Seriously this has got to be one of the biggest rip offs in the musical world. The already massively overpriced catalogue gets another big price hike. Their customer base must mostly consist of clueless plastic surgeons and lawyers.

Les Pauls are for hanging above your fake fireplace to show you're musical innit.

Conspicuous consumption at best.

For the last year or two they've had high prices for low quality. And hearing about some of the way they treat dealers is pretty shitty. The shop by my place won't work with them anymore because of how they treat them.

the biggest rip offs are tube amps IMO. there's no way i'm giving €2.6k for a dual rec when a HD500X is 490€ and have a million more sounds. seriously overpriced. :)

the biggest rip offs are tube amps IMO. there's no way i'm giving €2.6k for a dual rec when a HD500X is 490€ and have a million more sounds. seriously overpriced. :)

lol I agree with you but even 490 it´s too much for a guitar processor but have in mind that a tube amp, in this case a dual rec, even if you couldnt get out a lot of sounds of it, different sounds I mean. The high gain of a good tube amp crushes every emulation out there, even if the processor has 89470539 sounds, most of them are useless shit and most of them are nothing like what they are trying to emulate.

So I agree with you and that´s why I dont have a tube amp but I prefer to give my money to something that is good at one or a few things than acceptable at most of shit even if it has a million sounds.

There is axe fx, digitech 1101, in the top IMO and a lot of other shit trying to emulate real tube amps but not in a successful way.

Nuno sure you don't get the real thing with a DSP amp but avoiding the hassle to position mics/get a good cab/run long cables/isolate/etc is so nice. :) Of course the one sound you'll get with a good tube amp is the one you'll try to emulate but I like using different sounds from my Pod just for the fun of it. Especially clean. 490€ is a fair price, in my opinion, for what you get with the Pod and I'm glad I've got one. Of course for an old emulator that amount of cash would be a waste as the sounds would not be usable.

oh, and sure i would use a 200€ emulator in a gig instead of an expensive tube amp, just for safety.

now for me >800€ for a piece of wood is a waste of money.

Who needs a 490€ pod when you have free TSE, Lepou, Ignite plugins and some stellar impulses :lol: Just kidding.

honestly if i didn't want to play arround and have some fancy gear i'd just use free stuff like Amplitube, Pod Free and X50.

they sound so good that you don't have to buy something else. :lol:

For the last year or two they've had high prices for low quality. And hearing about some of the way they treat dealers is pretty shitty. The shop by my place won't work with them anymore because of how they treat them.

Yeah they are assholes with smaller traders.

They basically tell them they have to invest in 100.000eur worth of Gibbies, take the money, and only THEN start building them with that money....so the shops have to give away a free loan, basically.

At least that was the way I was getting told me a local smaller dealer.

And yeah, gibbies are hit or miss. the good ones are amazing, the shit ones get shat on by far less expensive guitars.

Still, best guitar I ever played was a les paul standard. such awesome.
handpicked by the player, though ;)

Buying a new Gibson is like playing Russian roulette. Except that you have more chance to take the bullet than not. They have sucked at quality control for more than 30 years and even when you get a good one, it's still largely overpriced. I have a 2008 SG and while it sounds good, the built quality is really crappy for the price.
The best "Gibson" you could get are Orville by Gibson or Epiphone Japan/Elitist. Japanese Guitars ftw anyway. :lol:

I was being serious. Let me say that my opinion it´s also based in the economical context of my country.

490 it´s almost my monthly wage, a bit more, but not much more. So, to buy this processor for this price I have to work a month, well I lie, I have to work several months because I have other things to pay. So to gather 490, takes a lot of work and time.

Now, if my wage or the minimum wage of the country was around 2000 euros, probably I would have another opinion. So I am not even going to talk about well known tube amps, they cost more than my actual car and I am not talking about the more expensive ones like Diezel. If I sold my car I still wouldnt have money for a mesa boogie. Only peavey 6505! ahah

In fact and besides the wage factor. The music gear it´s very expensive, what makes a very expensive hobby. So fuck Gibson and their overpriced guitars but I wouldnt mind to have one!lol

The music gear it´s very expensive, what makes a very expensive hobby. So fuck Gibson and their overpriced guitars but I wouldnt mind to have one!lol

who wouldn't like to have a sweet mesa boogie? haha

prices in music gear are odd. DSP amp emulators require a lot more research, technology and people to be made and they still evolve. in the other hand tube amps are just circuit boards that differ little from each another (compared to how DSP works) yet they cost so much more. also the fact that there's guitars that cost 100€ and guitars that cost 40x that is beyond me. they're pieces of wood without any serious technology behind them and they're the same for the past XX years. of course big companies have established their name and can make profit from these prices but the music industry should reconsider.

also a good video game can cost $8-$60 and there's a lot more work gone behind it than a fucking guitar. (of course there's production costs but still wtf)