Gibson Explorer Copies

Yeah, that's what I mean. You can either buy cheap and have cash left over for all the improvements/upgrades, or just buy a more expensive guitar and hope that it doesn't need anything doing to it :lol:

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about as well. Will have to have it set up, would need new vol/tone knobs, a case, probably locking tuners... Even if it's cheap it'll still be 5-600 after all.

My main guitar is an Epi LP Custom from 2002-2003.
I *think* it is supposed to be from before "it went downhill with the qc", so I'm not sure, but I think the original hardware parts where ok on it (tuners & potis).

I exchanged the standard pups with them 81-tw and 89 at some point, where I also got volume and tone potis for.
So maybe the original owner already put those in when he put in the emgs?

Altho I'm not sure if only my emgs came with pots because they are "splitable" (they aren't, but you know what I mean).

So...whos selling the guitar? Is it around here or berlin (I'm not sure where you are located right now haha)
might be interested now ^^

edit: just read again that you said you'd have to order it, so I guess it's not 2nd hand?

Yup, when Epi were making stuff out of Korea in the early 2000's it was fucking amazing. I had a white flying V from that era that stood up to any Gibson I've ever played, absolutely flawless and a fantastic set-up.

It's on "Willhaben" so second hand but to far away to pick it up. The potis would probably be in there but it seems that the poti-"caps" have been changed and I just don't like that look.

The 1984 Explorer is even cooler than the Gothic imo. There's one with a broken neck on ebay right now. A white one which is even cooler. :) But it's already at 120 with 2 days to go.

I borrowed a Epi Goth Explorer off a mate once, and fucking hated it :lol: The neck was so thick and cumbersome, it felt very uncomfortable (and I'm quite fond of thick necks, generally, but there's thick, then there's thick and gross). But, you can always sand and re-profile.