Gibson Explorer down tuned to B?

Uhm, no we don't? When I talk about the string tension I talk about string tension (hur spänd strängen är), when talking about pressure I talk about pressure (hur mycket tryck som krävs för att trycka ner strängen).

The better material, in your case, the nut, results in less friction.

The other way around. The shorter the scale, the more mass is needed from the string to create the same tension.

Well, ive talked to several guitarbuilders and guitartechs and they say stringpressure about both things(Strängtryck.).

Thats true, but the strings get harder to bend with a brass nut anyways, and thats simply why i call it stringpressure, i cant see how it could be given the effect of higher stringpressure without being higher.

Well, ive talked to several guitarbuilders and guitartechs and they say stringpressure about both things(Strängtryck.).

Thats true, but the strings get harder to bend with a brass nut anyways, and thats simply why i call it stringpressure, i cant see how it could be given the effect of higher stringpressure without being higher.

never heard anyone but you say string pressure (strängtryck) about string tension (hur spänd strängen är). Pressure and tension are two different things in both languages.

And when it comes to different materials it's harder to bend due to friction, not pressure.

Just wanted to bring your guys' attention to the "Caparisons" thread in the Equipment section, where I posted a question about the HGS models, specifically the Angelus which still has a 24.75" neck but has the bridge moved back 3 mm.

Anyways, my old Les Paul could be downtuned to Bb with 52-12 strings and i could do some easy adjustments to get it to feel just like the same as when it was in D.

According to the basic laws of physics, that's a total impossibility. Not gonna fucking happen.

clip please...

ps. Drop A here and 70-14 string set. I could maybe go 68 but the 70 is great. tight and nice.

EdwardPayne

Longer scale=thinner strings
If you want to tune your short scale gibson to B,you may need a 70 B string,which with schecter's long scale,56 is enough.

The first part is true, but the second part is an overstatement and then some. The Schecter scale length is only 1.75 inches longer than the Gibson length, giving a tension difference about the same as tuning a half-step higher.

Jeff