New Bass Day! (56K will be fine)

ParsonsMatt

Alas, Tyranny
Nov 15, 2006
Athens, GA
www.myspace.com
Got a Warwick Rockbass Corvette Standard 5 string... Really liking it so far! The strings are pretty old and need to be replaced ( and beefed up 8o ) but it sounds and plays pretty good.

Except for the 5th string. It must be 10 years old. The E string sounds brighter and tighter when its tuned down to B than the B string... Oh well, it'll do for now :evil

On to the pics:

Photo013.jpg

Photo014.jpg

Photo015.jpg

Photo016.jpg

Photo017.jpg

Photo018.jpg

What is the general consensus on 5 string bass sets? Are the Elixir bass strings as good as the guitar strings? Also what gauges are recommended for a 5... keeping in mind that I like 11-56 for D standard.

Thanks!

PS: Marcus you totally need to get one of these :D

ah, I LOVE warwick.
never could get into the rockbass ones though, cause for me they're lacking the typical warwick growl that comes with the Ovanckol necks.
Ovanckol/bubinga=awesomeness.

yours looks cool though, and the MEC pups are great imo.

ime there are no better strings for bass than the warwick black label

Nice bass :kickass:. I use the same set on D-standard guitar as you and in my 5-string bass I use 45-105 + 130 (or was it 135.. hmm, don't remember) . Haven't tried any Elixirs in my bass though.

there are some really good rockbass bases out there.
the new rockbasses gonna have the two piece bridge like the original warwicks, other pickups (not sure about that) and the warwick "w" on the head instead the rockbass logo.

beautiful bass, I've been looking at either warwicks or spectors for a long time. I believe warwicks are based off the NS design, correct?

I run EB Power Slinky 4's with a D'Addario .143 5th string tuned ADGCF, you might be able to run a normal set of Power Slinky 5's though - I can as they don't fit through the two part bridge on my Corvette $$. If you want definition below the 3rd fret an have any intention of tuning ADGCF the lightest string I'd recommend is a .140 on the 5th.

I actually don't agree with Lasse on Warwick BL, personally didn't like them at all but I haven't tried them for a while.

I used to use Elixir all the time but they don't go heavy enough for my tastes - that and I'm not into spending £50-60 a set of strings!!

Thanks! :)

Hey Marcus, I dunno if you got my PM, but if you could tell me the tuning/key for your Holy Diver clip I could record a bass DI for that... What better to add to than the official reamping standard? :D

Ah right, sorry about that dude, forgot it was there (as I often do :oops: ) - I played it C-standard and it's just regular ol' C-minor (aeolian); as for tabs, I don't have any, but I think you should be able to figure it out :D