Gibson... FUCK OFF

GregadethBloodBrawl

Thrasher Dave's Pimp
Sep 29, 2008
Sheffield
www.myspace.com
As some of you who play guitar might be aware, Gibson have released "Dark Fire" a guitar that looks as ugly as sin and is basically a Les Paul version of Fender's V-Strat.... but my point is...

WHO THE FUCK WANTS A DIGITAL GUITAR!?!
I don't want a guitar that can sound like a million others, that can tune itself and emulate acoustic guitars. I don't want to be able to download new guitar tones to my guitar.

Fuck Gibson and their technological guitars, give me a fucking Ibanez or Jackson anyday! But seriously.... who would fork out £4,000+ for a guitar that can sound like other guitars? I'd rather spend the £4,000+ on several different guitars

/rant.

Most Deans are horrible. The only Deabs I've ever played and not hated are the V79/Time Capsule Vs, the 1980s Cadillacs and the VMNT1 series. The rest are just torture.

Gibsons, great tone, shit guitars. Can't stand them whatsoever. To my reckoning, real men play Jacksons!

I love Epiphone, and Dean's only good guitars are the Dime sigs (not those shit razorbacks) and the Split-tails.

For me it's ESP, Epiphone, Jackson.

I love Epiphone, and Dean's only good guitars are the Dime sigs (not those shit razorbacks) and the Split-tails.

For me it's ESP, Epiphone, Jackson.

ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY!?!

ML's are ugly and extremely awkward to play and the sight of the Split-tail make me vomit

give me a fucking Ibanez S series ANYDAY
they have the world's best neck and trem. FACT

Fuck Ibanez, they look boring as hell, and are mediocre at best, most of them feel like fucking toys in my hands.

Jacksons have the best necks.

Fuck Ibanez, they look boring as hell, and are mediocre at best, most of them feel like fucking toys in my hands.

Jacksons have the best necks.

+1... sort of.

Ibanez sound good, but the back of the neck is too damned flat. and yes, they look boring. for the studio I'd use a SZ because it has a properly shaped (round) neck, but that's about it. I might use a xiphos live if i could put an edge zero in place of the edge III. a buddy of mine has one and it sucks, he has the bridge locked in position now because it just won't stay in tune, even if he doesn't use it

Ibanez have the worst taste when ti comes to the aesthetics of their guitars, since almost every model is superstrat shaped (bar those vomit-inducing Xiphos models). To their credit though, their ZR trems and Wizard series necks are the best available.

But for overall reliability, you can't go wrong with Jackson. Some people say ESP/LTD, but they're just an inferior copy of Jackson with EMG pickups. And I fucking HATE EMG pickups!!

But for overall reliability, you can't go wrong with Jackson. Some people say ESP/LTD, but they're just an inferior copy of Jackson with EMG pickups. And I fucking HATE EMG pickups!!

EMGs are over-hyped, they sound shit for clean and get boring after a while
Give a set of DiMarzio's ANYDAY (or in Dave's case Seymour Duncans)

as for ESP/LTD I entirely agree with Dave they just ripp off Ibanez/Jackson

If people want a cheap, relatively-okayish guitar for downtuning and using lots of distortion, go for LTD by all means. If you're looking for something with quality, go with Jackson (or Ibanez if you choose the right one)