Gifted kids prefer Metal

haha.
being in the gifted program in highschool allowed me to get away with so much stuff; as it is listed as a handicap.
whoever suggested that was indeed... gifted... and probably listened to metal.

lol, thats pretty much the most commonly used IQ question of all time

if a sometimes = b
and b sometimes = c
is a always = c

rofl

greasy kids prefer metal
angry kids prefer metal
dumb kids prefer metal

still makes sense to me :shrug:

Yeah, this article isn't very convincing. I go to a prestigious university, where you would expect to find stressed "gifted" types, and by my estimation, maybe 5 out of 8,000 people are very interested in metal music. Maybe 100 are on the fringes of metal, listening to some Pantera, Metallica, Lamb of God. The article doesn't really distinguish between liking an occasional dose of aggressive music or being seriously committed to metal.

I don't think there is a correlation between intelligence and listening to metal, but the brighter someone is, the more likely that they will produce good music, or be more outspoken about metal, thus it appears that the genre is full of high intellect people. Dumb people who make bad music don't get anywhere, and people who aren't welcomed on message boards tend to leave quickly. Then again, smart people can get turned off by boards of overwhelmingly dumb people.

alright, we need to figure out once and for all who on this board is gifted, and who is not. i will say this... since we listen to opeth, we are automatically more gifted than metal fans who don't listen to opeth. black metal fans are even more gifted, especially those who don't like opeth.