Gig thread

I'll be at Denial of God.. given my plans don't get screwed up.. hah. Having your entire uni holidays set to a strict time schedual is fucking gay.

dimebagtributegigsm2.jpg

Did anyone go to the Denial of God shows? The one here sucked bad, half the crowd was comprised of the support bands, very poor.

Anyone going to see Marduk, I don't really like them but I might go mainly to see the supports

I went to DoG in Sydney (we had a god 3 x the amount of payers Adelaide did). It was the only time I have left the house since Thursday afternoon (due to illness).

It was a bad idea to go out but it was well worth it. Nocturnal Graves were fucking killer. Shackles entertained as always. Backyard Mortuary (well the first 3/4 of their set) was the heaviest Death Metal I've seen live in AAAAAAAAAGES and by far their best show, and DoG were ok but by that time I couldn't stand up anymore and wanted to curl up in bed and cough up a testicle then cry myself to sleep.

Dän;6385478 said:
Did anyone go to the Denial of God shows? The one here sucked bad, half the crowd was comprised of the support bands, very poor.

Sorry to bump an older quote, but it was well and truly dismal. It literally peaked during Tzun Tzu's set, which the aggravated and tiny crowd lapped up and wanted more. People talked to each other during DoG's set, as if they were just a pub band and there for a distraction. I really did my best to get into Denial of God, who WERE solid, but it was oh so samey after a while. The band themselves were evidently displeased with the result as well.

I guess the one good thing about Metal For The Brain being over is that I don't have to choose between that and Festival Of The Dead this year!

PyroMusic.net said:
20/10/2007The Berzerker
The Amenta
Blood Duster
Akercocke
Astriaal
Fleshgore
BloodDuster
Terrorust
Ruins
Grotesque
The Factory

The_Berzerker,The_Amenta,Blood_Duster,Akercocke,Astriaal,Fleshgore,BloodDuster,Terrorust,Ruins,Grotesque-The_Factory,_Marrickville,_Sydney_flyer.jpg

Who else is going to be at the Sydney leg of Festival Of The Dead? :headbang:

i'll deffinately be at day 2. akercocke, astriaal, ruins, the amenta..... brilliant brilliant lineup
Day 2 is going to be fucking unreal. I'm more interested in The Berzerker and Blood Duster than the others (though I keep hearing so much about Astriaal I'm intrigued about seeing them) but either way it's going to be brvtal.
Still undecided on the first day of the festival though. It'll depend in mostly equal parts on my cash flow at the time and whether I have anything else I can go to instead.