Gigantour Anyone?...

drummerboy58

New Metal Member
Nov 2, 2004
Being that shows worth paying to see don't come around my neck of the woods often, I'm really excited to say I'll be seeing the Gigantour August 31st! I was wondering if anyone here has seen any shows yet? Or what their thoughts were? I'm really pumped to finally see Symphony X live, I missed a chance to catch them touring with Devin Townsend a while back.

Me and some buddies here in Florida did Orlando this past Saturday and West Palm (right by where I live) on Sunday....

Got there 1/2 hour past when tickets said show started... (6:00) and yet they had started at like 5:30..... :erk:

So we walk in and hear Symph X wailing..... :yell:
Caught about two and a half songs and that was it - was really bummed about that but knew we would catch them the following night....

I was REALLY happy cause they got great applause fromt he crowd though!

Got my Odessey CD signed by the guys after the set though - very cool.

Saw some of Fear Factory - they were okay.
Caught most of Life of Agony..... oh I was in agony alright..... :cry:

DT was amazing (the mix wasn't that good - too loud) The tore it up.

Like some Megadeth and their set was entertaining.
A good night....

Sunday in West Palm it RAINS and the second stage (they literally had a 2nd stage wereas in Orlando, they all played on ONE) gets soaked - Bobaflex made it on before the rain - but after it clears up, Symph X comes out - Russell tells everyone all the electornics are soaked and they won't let them go on - and they couldn't anyway. It sucked.... a big group of us there started chanting "MAIN STAGE MAIN STAGE".

the guys again were very cool - came down to the barrier, talked with folks for a while, signed stuff, took pictures.... Russell is as great a guy as he is a vocalist.

Caught the entire Fear Factory set - they were pretty cool. Lead singer klept complaining about people sitting during a metal show.... amphitheater was maybe 1/3 or half full in lower bowl.... they finish we go out to get merch, then we hear the Clockwork Orange intro and run back to our seats for DT - they blew people away. The place was suddenly PACKED - yes the band has changed over the years but they STILL put on a hell of a show. Myung was amazing to watch and LaBrie was right on - Petrucci stunned people and Mike... well hell Mike is always Mike. :tickled: Jordan looked like he was having a ball.

They changed their set from the previous night and swapped out four songs. They played Fortune in Lies both nights - amazing!!!

We bailed right after that cause Sat night in Orlando we drank like fishes and I was working on maybe 4 hours sleep - and had to drive folks home....

All in all a fun weekend. :headbang:

Hmmm...I didnt catch the show when it rolled thru Sacramento...

Funny thing is, I've been a Nevermore fan (for the most part) since the Sanctuary days, yet I've never seen 'em live, though they haven't been to the Bay ARea all that often.

--dan

I was at the Dallas show. I really enjoyed Symphony X, my first time to see them live. Dream Theater was amazing as always. Megadeth was fun. Most of the other bands weren't really my thing, but it was a lot of fun.

I have Gigantour photos on my website, including Symphony X and Nevermore. Click the link in my sig if you want to take a look.

Doug

I saw the show on the 13th. We got there a little late because we didn't really care to see the earlier bands. Sucks though, we missed Symphony X, who I was really excited to see. They only played for 30 minutes, what is up with that? I saw Nevermore first, whom I thought sucked.....I just can't get into that death metal suicide crap. Symphony X should have had their set. Dream Theater was amazing. The acoustics were a little bad for Petrucci but I could finally hear Jordan - which I couldn't the last time I saw them. I do have to say that James sounded amazing. Ever since his food poisoning in '94 he hasn't been able to hit those high notes live but he was perfect when I saw them.......quite amazing. Megadeth was all right, I thought they played too long and the Megadeth fans are a little insane (I hate moshers). After a while all of their songs sound the same. Either way, I was just excited to see Dream Theater for the fourth time. I think the tour should really have been outside, though. Having that many bands inside for that long is insane. It was probably 120 degrees once megadeth played and I passed out. Not fun.

Nevermore don't have anything to do with Death Metal, but I don't like them either all the same. ;)

And man, does Petrucci look like he's had some bad shit on these photos? Must've thought "Well, we're on stage with Megadeth and Fear Factory, time to look fucked up.". :D