Gigantour Second Stage Bands

Someone mentioned part of this a few posts back, but here are some recent Blabbermouth postings regarding this tour. I find it interesting that he keeps mentioning Symphony X after they've apparently said no to the tour (see quote from their forum moderator that I posted earlier in this thread). Oh, well... at least it looks like there will be a show in Georgia.

Enjoy!

--Mike

MEGADETH's MUSTAINE Says He Has 'Seriously Narrowed Down The List' Of Bands For GIGANTOUR - May 3, 2005

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following Gigantour update in the "Forums" sections of the band's official web site:

"OK, now here is some dirt on the first and second stage: I wanted to have the first stage be powerful and the second stage be a glimpse into the future bands that are either influenced, fans, or friends of mine and MEGADETH. I did say that I had 'this band' or 'that band' in my sights, but I have seriously narrowed down the list.

"I am still interested in DRY KILL LOGIC, OVERKILL, DEAD NEW DAY, RE:IGNITION, LIFE OF AGONY, CHILDREN OF BODOM, THE AGONY SCENE, DIECAST, SYMPHONY X, OTEP, and believe it or not, ANTHRAX and TESTAMENT. There are a lot more bands still trying to get onboard, but I think I will just have to make a list for next year.

"My dilemma is this; the West Coast run will not have THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN on for the first several shows. I am still deciding to either fill that slot or just go on as a four band show for the main stage. I would love to have ANTHRAX or OVERKILL on the main stage with us all, but I don't want to offend ANTHRAX by offering them that slot unless they really want to take it, and I don't know if OVERKILL are available yet.

"After that, there will be more shows at the end of the tour where DREAM THEATER will have finished and I need to fill that slot (If I do) at that time.

"This tour will run from mid-July to mid-September and will also include Texas, Georgia, and Florida this time, as well as another stint across Canada at the end of the tour.

"We have been made offers to go to Mexico City and Monterey, Mexico on the Gigantour run; and Santiago, Chile; and Sao Paolo, Brazil in October on our own. I will not go down to South America without playing Argentina or Columbia too, so don't worry. We just have to work out the details.

"Please stay tuned so that I can give you more of the official news real soon."

GIGANTOUR: First Two Dates Announced - May 3, 2005

The first two dates have been announced for Gigantour, a six-week festival trek co-headlined by MEGADETH and DREAM THEATER, who'll be accompanied by other main-stage acts FEAR FACTORY, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN and NEVERMORE. Artists for the second stage will be announced later this week. Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Aug. 23 - Wantagh, NY @ Tommy Hilfiger At Jones Beach Theater
Aug. 24 – Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center

Gigantour follows MEGADETH's sold-out 2004 "Blackmail The Universe" tour in support of 2004's "The System Has Failed" — MEGADETH's tenth studio album — which debuted on the charts at #18 and was critically hailed as a brilliant return to form. Bandmates Glen Drover (guitar), James MacDonough (bass) and Shawn Drover (drums) will once again join mainman Dave Mustaine on the road.

I'd heard 'through the vine' that the Atlanta date was on or around July 16th, which would place it very close to the Sounds of the Underground tour. I guess we'll see......

--And I just discovered that Porcupine Tree is playing here in June (6/16), further complicating any chance of saving up my vacation days this summer. :Spin:

Pellaz said:
And I just discovered that Porcupine Tree is playing here in June (6/16), further complicating any chance of saving up my vacation days this summer. :Spin:

LOL, when I first heard that PT was doing a tour I checked the dates/venues. I saw they had a Milwaukee date listed, so I planned a trip out to visit with my close friends out there, booked a flight, etc. Then I check the PT site about a week ago and see a Syracuse, NY date listed (lol). Oh well, I'll have more fun in Cheeseland anyhow. Maybe I can go see the famous Mustard Museum in WI (giggle).

So take this as a warning J-Dub, I'll be out there!

would love to see this second stage lineup:

TESTAMENT
OVERKILL
CHILDREN OF BODOM
LIFE OF AGONY
DIECAST

Now that would be a great second stage!!!! :headbang:

If this were my festival and I had to work with the bands being mentioned and throw in one or two of my own....

Mainstage:
Megadeth
Dream Theater
Anthrax
Children of Bodom
Nevermore

Second Stage:
Testament
Overkill
Symphony X
Edguy
HammerFall

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
I have been to Mustard Museum being that I am cheesehead and lived for a couple of years before moving to Atlantis. It is mustard-riffic

That's cool to know, I've seen them featured on the Food Network with all those funky cookoff contests.

Ok, I'll stop this before everyone on this board starts rolling their eyes or worse yet, before my favorite & feisty cheesehead friend posts something smart (lol).

Haven't herard anything by Dry Kill Logic, but I think I read that they are the third slot on the second stage. I'm sure the second stage will be as equally diversified as the main stage. I have a feeling Children of Bodom and Overkill will be on there as well. That would make a nice mixture I think. To bad about Symphony X though. I still would have liked to see them on this tour.

I think they are actually already done with it, but maybe not. However Mustaine did say that the headliner for the second stage would be european and COB is only euro band left.

Pellaz said:
I'd heard 'through the vine' that the Atlanta date was on or around July 16th, which would place it very close to the Sounds of the Underground tour. I guess we'll see......

--And I just discovered that Porcupine Tree is playing here in June (6/16), further complicating any chance of saving up my vacation days this summer. :Spin:

I dont think it could be July 16th. Megadeth is playing a fest I think In Wi on July 15th and the Gigantour is supposed to start on the West Coast. I am hoping its sometime in the middle of August that way if Overkill is on the bill I have a better chance of seeing them since they are in Europe until August 6th..

Seems like he is having trouble getting confirmed bands for the 2nd stage. I guess with all the festivals in Europe during the summer its kind of hard.

I know one more band who's joining this tour.... Just got the word direct from the source. Man, I want to say, but I promised not to. But I still can't resist hearing your guesses and theories. I doubt anyone sees this one coming, but I think they're a killer band, and people should be happy when it's made official.

Best guesses?