Gigs - who's going to what?

I'm also considering going to Hammerfall in London..!! I will be recording vocals for my band at Thin Ice with Karl Groom on that Sunday, so I guess it's a matter of when we finish. I don't know if the sessions go into the evening because I haven't worked at that studio before - Steve, maybe you know?

Vocal recordings first, then perhaps some Hammerfall :)

Updated list:

29/03 - Kamelot + Dream Evil, Islington Academy, London
23/04 - HammerFall, JB's, Dudley
24/04 - HammerFest, Pontins resort, Prestatyn, Wales
25/04 - HammerFest, Pontins resort, Prestatyn, Wales
03/05 - Alestorm, Camden Underworld*
06/05 - Blaze Bayley, Joiners, Southampton?*
18/05 - Stratovarius + Firewind, Islington Academy, London*
30/05 - Blaze Bayley, Camden Underworld, London
17/07 - Falconer, Camden Underworld, London?*
30/07 - Wacken Open Air, Germany
31/07 - Wacken Open Air, Germany
01/08 - Wacken Open Air, Germany
14/08 - Bloodstock Open Air, Catton Hall, Derby
15/08 - Bloodstock Open Air, Catton Hall, Derby
16/08 - Bloodstock Open Air, Catton Hall, Derby
06/09 - Tankard, Camden Underworld, London?*

* = need ticket

Gah I'm stuck here in Pennsylvania nothing good comes around. I just found out right now that Tyr was in Allentown yesterday, so I'm mad about that.

Other than that:

4/19: Children of Bodom - I still need a ticket
4/27: Amon Amarth (W/ Skeletonwitch!)

Well, I saw Kameltoe last night. As Dan said, Serenity couldn't play due to illness. We got Amberian Dawn instead, a band I'd never heard and they were utterly brilliant! I often find that female fronted metal misses the bite & the solos, but it was ALL there. Dream Evil also played but their set was cut short for whatever reason :(

I just bought tickets to Dragonforce on the 24th. Can't wait!!

I just bought tickets to Dragonforce on the 24th. Can't wait!!

I went to see them when they started the Ultra Beatdown Tour. I was a bit skeptical of what people said they ould be like but i was pleasently surprised :headbang: Here is a vid i took (My camera got raped by the bass drum but you get the idea):

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to see them when they started the Ultra Beatdown Tour. I was a bit skeptical of what people said they ould be like but i was pleasently surprised :headbang: Here is a vid i took (My camera got raped by the bass drum but you get the idea):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUTfsXHZGu8

Haha wow the bass drum really did a number on the quality there. This is actually my first real concert of a band I really enjoy - last year I went to a concert with three huge bands in the US (Seether, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace) but only because a friend of mine had a spare ticket, and a few months later I went to a pretty laughable indie metal festival with some friends who dragged me with. I've been dying to see these guys since Valley of the Damned came out, and everyone says they've been solid so far on this tour (much better than the Inhuman Rampage tours), so I can't wait.

One of my friends met up with Herman and Vadim after the show during the Inhuman Rampage tour in the US. I'm hoping maybe I can be just lucky enough to meet someone, but I dunno.

They had an afershow party at the gig i went to but you had to be given a pass. i saw those things wave in front of my face twice :cry: they were given to some girls who were underage anyway!! but Sam and Herman might have picked them out :lol: then when i was at the front they came along with some but they went two too far. oh well maybe next time i guess