girls in rock

live_5.jpg

snow2fall said:
thrrshmmr-cassette.jpg

Runhild Gammelsæter (Thorr's Hammer)

"...a drop-dead gorgeous 17 year old woman whose earth-splitting growl is so harsh and so heavy that it sounds like it is coming from a 400 pound biker whose "Live to Ride, Ride to Live" tattoo was done directly on his vocal chords. This is the voice that countless crust and doom vocalists would give up a lung to have."

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Their song "Norge" kills!

Bambi said:
yeah, but then why is she singing in a rock band?? shes in the wrong job. She should be doing sound of music tributes or summat
Nah i think she's at the right place. In my opinion, The Gathering dont do just "rock", what they do is more subtle than that, and Anneke's voice fits to this.
Then if you dont like it, i guess no one can do anything about it :D old stuff!

talking about girls in rock? here are my faves (not only rock):

my no.1 idol: PAZ LENCHANTIN (ex-a perfect circle, papa m)
skin (love her)
aziza mustafazadeh
patti smith
joan baez
tori amos (this is thanks to mehdi, really)
anneke (not the greatest maybe, but she's fine)
the chick(s) from hooverphonic
ella fitzgerald
beth gibbons
pj harvey
janis joplin
the chick from lamb

thats all i can come up with right now

the gathering a rock band period. no more. they sure as fook aint a folk/electro/ragga/blues band or anyhting else

People seem to be confused about this rock thing

eg ella fitzgerald didnt do rock (tho obviously shes better than most this lot so far)

Lenore said:
Yeah indeed :D

youre doing all the rambling about shite in here, youre obviously not listening to the songs as a whole, oh just her voice, aint it amazing. i know some great musicians that can play very well, but it doesnt mean they can write a great song, which unfortunately they cant :Spin:

Even though Anneke sings over the top sort of, I think without her voice the Gathering would be unnoticable.

Not that I don't get fucking bored with it anyway, however I like her voice.

Bambi said:
the gathering a rock band period. no more. they sure as fook aint a folk/electro/ragga/blues band or anyhting else

People seem to be confused about this rock thing

eg ella fitzgerald didnt do rock (tho obviously shes better than most this lot so far)
Alright Mister music encyclopedia:tickled:

ikeaboy said:
youre doing all the rambling about shite in here, youre obviously not listening to the songs as a whole, oh just her voice, aint it amazing. i know some great musicians that can play very well, but it doesnt mean they can write a great song, which unfortunately they cant :Spin:
Thats very interesting now tell me the connection :D
Or were you talking to this wall again? if so sorry to interrupt:D