Glasgow Friday 7th

its the carling thats the reason in it's self. It sold quite well 1200 miniimum had been sold.

The gig was alright, I s'pose. Better at the Barras last year.

The fucking bouncers were cunts as usual. They wouldn't let my mate Cheeba in as he was "too drunk"!!
No more drunk than the rest of us but they picked on him!!!
That kinda put a dampner on proceedings for the rest of us!!!

Thing is, it was the same twat who wouldn't let him in for the Ian Brown show last year as well. Short dude with a turbin. Anyone else have any hassle with that tool???

I get the feeling he recognised him from a few months back when, admitedly, he was "too drunk" but he let him in under my care, if you like, where, if he stepped out of line I'd leave with him. Surprise, surprise, not a fecking problem!!! But no joy this time. Having none of it!!!

One of my brother went outside to make sute Cheebs had enough money for a taxi home and that was the last we saw of Adrian that night!!

Yet another example of why the Academy licks balls!!!! Why the Barrowland will never be bettered! And why everyone who wants to see bands should start online petitions to implore our favourites not play that fucking shed!!!!!

RANT OVER!!!!!

Son of bitch was, it was going to be Cheebas first ever 'Thrax gig and that cunt fucking ruined it for him!!!!

Its not the carlings fault (for once) security is handled by rock steady for every gig really secc,barras,carling etc that being said the carling is a fuckin shed.

It sucked! I wanted to buy some merch, that ment going down to the cloackroom to get my bag and money, then try to get back up, and the fuckers wouldnt let me back up the stairs! GRRRR

AlisonScotland said:
It sucked! I wanted to buy some merch, that ment going down to the cloackroom to get my bag and money, then try to get back up, and the fuckers wouldnt let me back up the stairs! GRRRR

what you talkin about, i collected my jacket then came down the stairs turned right and got back into the hall no probs, left the gig looking for my hostel (eurohostel) and ended up in fuckin rutherglen (too pissed to know what way i was going plus i dont know glasgae atall) anyways loved every min of it and was one of the guys without a shirt in the pit for the whole set and loved every min of it all, have a few bruises to prove it too lol.

Ragman & Jockthrax will post that shit i was on about soon, going away to dublin tomorrow to see the doors, ut nice meeting you guys.

DUH DUH
DUH DUH DUH
DUH DUH DUH DUH
ANTHRAX :headbang:

ghost_of_war said:
what you talkin about, i collected my jacket then came down the stairs turned right and got back into the hall no probs, left the gig looking for my hostel (eurohostel) and ended up in fuckin rutherglen (too pissed to know what way i was going plus i dont know glasgae atall) anyways loved every min of it and was one of the guys without a shirt in the pit for the whole set and loved every min of it all, have a few bruises to prove it too lol.

Ragman & Jockthrax will post that shit i was on about soon, going away to dublin tomorrow to see the doors, ut nice meeting you guys.

DUH DUH
DUH DUH DUH
DUH DUH DUH DUH
ANTHRAX :headbang:

wahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. EUROHOSTEL.. leave Carling Academy.. turn right.. its about 100 yards down that road.

I fucking despise the Carling Academy. I held off posting here in the hope my rage would turn to tranquility after a while, but I have to say I'd love to see that whole toilet raised to the fucking ground!!!

What the fuck was all that shit about before the show?!?! Having to walk up a flight of fucking stairs and walk through the bar to go down another flight of stairs that's adjacent to the ones we've just ascended, before we're allowed entry to the fucking show... how fucking retarded & degrading is that? Those Rock Steady (Rent-A-Nazi) bastards exercising their window-licking skills & limited brainpower, can't even understand the concept of how to open another door to let everyone in at the same time. I hope they all kindly expire in front of their families... Pricks!!!

The first band were a pleasure to watch after the insane bullshit that preceeded them. Didn't get their name, but I will track it down and give their music a sniff.

Beyond Fear were fucking awesome. It's cool to see Tim Owens finally emerging from the shadow of Halford and perform his own material. I look forward to buying the new CD when it's released & I hope to see the band make a return trip a.s.a.f.p.

The Thrax were on fucking fire! Not even the gobshite PA system (that couldn't amplify a fucking knife frenzy) could hinder their intense delivery of the finest forged steel!!! I've only ever heard one band manage to dominate the piss poor sound system in there and that would be, Dio. The Thrax played tight as fuck & I don't believe they were in any way sloppy at all, and I would more put it down to the shit PA. The atmosphere was fucking stunning, the whole place was swinging, bodies flying every which way, incoming beer raining down - what a fucking riot! To hear all those classic songs with Joey & Dan back home where they belong, was enough to bring a metal tear to the eye. The Starb**ks coffee shop rock of the Bush era just didn't work for me, so it would be a vast understatement to say I was elated to find out that the band are going to write 'The Heaviest album in their fucking career after the tour!!!'. I'm sorry man, but the shit just doesn't get much better than this!!!

I know the band are out there taking notes - and I'd just like to say a huge thanx to you all for pulling together to make this killer reunion work. It was truly a privilege to see you perform once again, and indeed an honour to meet you all afterwards. You guys are a true credit to your profession. All the best with your new album & impending tours... See you all again, for sure... Hopefully at the Barrowlands where you belong.

they only played 14 songs? is that 1 hour 30 or what? when megadeth plays, they do 18-20 songs... but i am going to bochum anyway^^

Tyler Durden said:
The atmosphere was fucking stunning, the whole place was swinging, bodies flying every which way, incoming beer raining down - what a fucking riot! To hear all those classic songs with Joey & Dan back home where they belong, was enough to bring a metal tear to the eye.

well said, it was the best atmosphere ive witnessed at an anthrax gig. everyone seemed so hyped up. the first 5 songs were absolute carnage especially caught in a mosh!

We where taken in early than we should of. The band where late doing their soundcheck so they decided rather than let us freeze our nuts off they opened anyway and put us in the bar.

Rise said:
We where taken in early than we should of. The band where late doing their soundcheck so they decided rather than let us freeze our nuts off they opened anyway and put us in the bar.

So what, you got to see their soundcheck?!

AlisonScotland said:
Woooh! Good time all?
Who was it I met again? Thanks for saying Hi! I was kinda shocked to see someone who I didnt know yelling my name, then it dawned on me! Wheres ma pint?! :D

Sorry bout that Alison. It was me an jockthrax.
Would have bought you a pint, but you had that look on your face like :erk: 'is this guy a serial killer or what ?' :erk:. So I made a quick exit.
Next time I'll buy you 2 to make up for it ;) :kickass: :kickass:

Anyone remember/is friends with/is the person with long brown hair, a guy, with blue demin 3/4 lengths on? Topless and drunk as hell, moshing in the pit. I remember we chucked arms round each other and dashed about kicking people around.

I had some black trousers on, baggy, with loads of pockets and random straps coming off em, also wearing a Lamb Of God t-shirt. And topless at points. Also with black spiked hair, like a foot high 0_o

Ragman_kd said:
Sorry bout that Alison. It was me an jockthrax.
Would have bought you a pint, but you had that look on your face like :erk: 'is this guy a serial killer or what ?' :erk:. So I made a quick exit.
Next time I'll buy you 2 to make up for it ;) :kickass: :kickass:

:lol:
Awesome! Make up pints are the best!
I didnt think I had a weird look about me, but my boyfriend agrees with you! :p
Were you the one behind the guy talking to me?
x:headbang: