Glasgow Friday 7th

Tyler Durden said:
I quite agree. What's life if you can't make an arse of yourself? Still, I only realized that after I'd already posted my answer. Not being the biggest fan of the Bush era, I honestly couldn't tell if they were song titles or not. I've heard the albums, but as they didn't have the appeal I was originally listening for - I didn't bother getting too personal in learning song titles verbatim. What's the point of filling your head up with shit you don't need to know...

Bands - Song Titles aside, I still stand by BOTH opinions.

Right on:kickass: I'm not knocking your opinion because everyone's tastes in music are different. I was just kinda chuckling when I read that.

MyHatred said:
Right on:kickass: I'm not knocking your opinion because everyone's tastes in music are different. I was just kinda chuckling when I read that.

Hehehehehehe. I don't blame you, I'd be exactly the same. There's nothing more hilarious than getting your balls kicked from your own retardedness. I do tend to shoot my keyboard off more than I should at times, never mean it personal, just exercising my particular love / hate of metal. Sometimes, my opinions are maybe too close to the bone, and can be taken personal, but I prefer honest talk to lip service. Perhaps, if fans were more honest & voted with closing their wallets and actually telling the bands how shit their albums are instead of sticking their heads in the sand and lying to the band when their opinions are sought - some of these bands would realize their mistakes earlier rather than later & do something positive about it.

I guess the moral of this story is - even the song titles from the Bush era were so different from their past, that it's difficult to tell if they're band names or not. I saw Black Dahlia & Burst in there, and figured it was bands being compared... the song titles mentioned just sounded so mallcore... which I guess only enhances my belief in the direction the band were going.

I think if Anthrax had changed their band name - the way Pantera done to Damageplan after their split - I would probably have accepted the music on it's own terms. I just think the music was way too different and an insult to what came before it in the stellar Anthrax Legacy for me to appreciate.

Tyler Durden said:
Awesome! I got you guys bookmarked now, and I'll be picking up your EP at the first opportunity. It's cool to see a band as popular as Anthrax bringing out some homegrown talent on tour. I hope the shows were a raging success, and hope you come back this way a.s.a.f.p.:headbang:

Cool. Thanks!! These 2 UK dates were actually our 4th and 5th shows opening for Anthrax. We played twice at the Chicago House of Blues and once at NJ's Starland Ballroom here in the US with them in 2005. They're awesome guys and we really appreciate all the help they've given us. All the shows were a blast and the response has been great. We cant wait to return to the UK!! :headbang:

Jockthrax said:
Good meeting you 2 Kev,
Ghost really should post the stuff about his mate.

Hey just got back from dublin a couple of hours ago, seen the doors with ian astbury last night at RDS Main Hall in Dublin and it was fucking brilliant, total trippy concert such a big difference from thrax on fri, anyways will post something in next couple of days about what i was talking about but im away to bed coz i have been travelling for 10 hours today, between buses, planes and trains and am knackered :ill:

speak to you soon and you too ragman :headbang:

scottishthrax said:
Thanks Tyler, a well considered reponse, and it is good to get some sensible debate on here.

I would love you to give some of the Bush material a good listen, Stomp is such a brutal album.

You may be pleasantly surprised.:headbang:

I have tried, on more than one occasion... even some of my less elitist friends have been subliminally trying to get me to dig them (sneaking the songs onto their playlists), but even without over emphasizing how bad those albums sound to me, I can't deny there's some damn heavy shit going on in the music. I just can't seem to get into the vibe of those Bush era Anthrax albums though.

I kind of compare it to the Blaze Era Maiden scenario. Di'anno & Dickinson are amazing vocalists, but with Blaze... the overall vibe just didn't taste right in my musical palatte. There were tons of others who felt like I did & didn't support them during that period, and rightly so... they had just changed from world class vocalist to karaoke murderer overnight and expected the fans not to notice.

I'm not totally anti-vocalist-changing... I really loved Tim Owens during his time with Priest & actually thought they found a guy who was not just a good replacement, but someone who brought his own signature & charisma to enhance their music. It was also cool to see someone who could walk freely about the stage without breaking into a sweat that there's strobe lights obscuring the teleprompter screen feeding him the lyrics. There's tons of people who weren't happy with him being in Priest at the time going by the drastically low gig attendance at the Barras on the Jugulator tour. Then again, Halford didn't do much better with the half full/empty SECC show with Priest. Ironically, I actually preferred the Jugulator show over Halford's rather lacklustre slow plodding about the stage. It was so different to seeing him support Maiden on the Brave New World tour. At that time he had something to prove with a young band & shitloads of conviction, but now he's back home in Priest, he's put on his slippers again and now expects attention instead of works for it...