Glasgow Friday 7th

The Carling sucked a fat one. Thats the first AND last time I'll be going there, thats for fucking sure. The Cocksteady security were all wankers, turban or no fuckin turban, they were complete cocks and spoiled a lot of peoples night, my mates' included. They need shot with balls of their own shit those fuckers.
Dunno bout the gig itself. Not sure I want taken back to 1988 for a whole gig and to totally ignore the whole Bush era stinks. Was good to see em but left a sour taste in my mouth really. Maybe I was just pissed off about the night being fucked up by the bouncers but I've had many a good night moshing to Anthrax in Glasgow over the years and this one will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

AlisonScotland said:
:lol:
Awesome! Make up pints are the best!
I didnt think I had a weird look about me, but my boyfriend agrees with you! :p
Were you the one behind the guy talking to me?
x:headbang:

I was the guy that spoke to you.

Would you rather be the one that looks like a serial killer ?

Was good to meet you Dave, an put a face to the e-mails. Hope to see you at another gig real soon.

:kickass: :kickass: to all the people i managed to meet at the gig.

Ghost, are you gonna post that stuff about your mate ?

I wish they played Panic, that would have been amazing for the pit.

And i wish they'd played some stuff from We've Come For You All.

Ach well, still good fun, for my first Anthrax concert.

And it was annoying to have my water stolen by the Rock Steady security, wanted to at least have something other than beer to drink, since im under the age of 21 :p

I agree about playing stuff from WCFYA. Safe home or Refuse to be denied would have been awesome!

Ahh I thot who spoke to me said his name was Jockthrax. So Ragman, your the one with the kinda moustache thingy? :)

Haha Jockthrax, you didnt look weird!

devilsreject said:
The Carling sucked a fat one. Thats the first AND last time I'll be going there, thats for fucking sure. The Cocksteady security were all wankers, turban or no fuckin turban, they were complete cocks and spoiled a lot of peoples night, my mates' included. They need shot with balls of their own shit those fuckers.
Dunno bout the gig itself. Not sure I want taken back to 1988 for a whole gig and to totally ignore the whole Bush era stinks. Was good to see em but left a sour taste in my mouth really. Maybe I was just pissed off about the night being fucked up by the bouncers but I've had many a good night moshing to Anthrax in Glasgow over the years and this one will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

I totally agree with your Carling & their Rent-A-Barlinnie security synopsis (I'm sure I could see scar tissue on on one of those Burberry Ape's knuckles in the shape of the letters - Love Hate - where they had it lazered off...). I'm glad the band didn't go near the Bush era stuff though, It would just cause too much ill feeling. There's tons of old fans like myself who couldn't care less about the Bush era and didn't support it's transgression. There's also tons of fans that don't give a fuck about the Belladonna years and are only into the Glorified Pop music Bush era. It's one of those - fucked if he does - fucked if he doesn't scenario's. Belladonna, would come under serious shrapnel fire from all the Bushwhackers like myself who don't want to hear him lower himself to performing songs that are totally beneath him. It'll be the same for the Belladonna Bashers who are just waiting for that excuse to throw shit at him simply because he isn't John Bush and he doesn't sing a Bush era song exactly as it sounds on the album... ironically, because he's a completely different vocalist...

It's fucking hilarious the amount of cocksmokers hanging around the show, shouting abuse at Joey and bemoaning about their beloved Bush's tragic departure - but they're just fucking hypocrites in the end, because they paid for a ticket to see the Belladonna line-up. So either way, the band still win. Comedy platinum!:headbang:

I honestly don't think it's a good idea for them to even contemplate performing any of the Bush songs unless they have John sing them and not Joey. However, the band have finally done the right thing by realizing their mistakes and recruiting Joey & Dan back in the band, and I'm perfectly happy to let their past indescretions (Bush albums) drop, and support the Classic line-up once again. If this line-up sticks together again - it's gonna be the Anthrax I know and love - so I really can't complain...

Tyler Durden said:
I totally agree with your Carling & their Rent-A-Barlinnie security synopsis (I'm sure I could see scar tissue on on one of those Burberry Ape's knuckles in the shape of the letters - Love Hate - where they had it lazered off...). I'm glad the band didn't go near the Bush era stuff though, It would just cause too much ill feeling. There's tons of old fans like myself who couldn't care less about the Bush era and didn't support it's transgression. There's also tons of fans that don't give a fuck about the Belladonna years and are only into the Glorified Pop music Bush era. It's one of those - fucked if he does - fucked if he doesn't scenario's. Belladonna, would come under serious shrapnel fire from all the Bushwhackers like myself who don't want to hear him lower himself to performing songs that are totally beneath him. It'll be the same for the Belladonna Bashers who are just waiting for that excuse to throw shit at him simply because he isn't John Bush and he doesn't sing a Bush era song exactly as it sounds on the album... ironically, because he's a completely different vocalist...

It's fucking hilarious the amount of cocksmokers hanging around the show, shouting abuse at Joey and bemoaning about their beloved Bush's tragic departure - but they're just fucking hypocrites in the end, because they paid for a ticket to see the Belladonna line-up. So either way, the band still win. Comedy platinum!:headbang:

I honestly don't think it's a good idea for them to even contemplate performing any of the Bush songs unless they have John sing them and not Joey. However, the band have finally done the right thing by realizing their mistakes and recruiting Joey & Dan back in the band, and I'm perfectly happy to let their past indescretions (Bush albums) drop, and support the Classic line-up once again. If this line-up sticks together again - it's gonna be the Anthrax I know and love - so I really can't complain...

Oh bro perpare to be flamed for this opinion though I kinda agree.....

spacebeer said:
Oh bro perpare to be flamed for this opinion though I kinda agree.....

If anyone flames me for this, then they don't get it. Tough shit.

I ain't saying John Bush is a shit vocalist... far from it... he's fucking amazing! His work in Armored Saint is just as Classic & Timeless as Joey's work in Anthrax. The thing is though - Anthrax's whole music style changed way too drastically when Bush entered the equation, and they just sounded like a totally different band. I just couldn't handle such a huge change in music style. Anthrax went from killer Thrash band to Starb**ks Rock/Pop practically overnight. As a fan from the beginning, it was pitiful and degrading to witness... and I personally felt betrayed by their musical heresy.

I don't blame John Bush - I blame the band as a whole for trying to fix something that wasn't broke in the first place.

The upside of this conundrum is that Joey is now back in Anthrax & John is back with Armored Saint. They're both back home where they belong, doing what they do best. I wish them both all the success in the world.

Tyler Durden said:
If anyone flames me for this, then they don't get it. Tough shit.

I ain't saying John Bush is a shit vocalist... far from it... he's fucking amazing! His work in Armored Saint is just as Classic & Timeless as Joey's work in Anthrax. The thing is though - Anthrax's whole music style changed way too drastically when Bush entered the equation, and they just sounded like a totally different band. I just couldn't handle such a huge change in music style. Anthrax went from killer Thrash band to Starb**ks Rock/Pop practically overnight. As a fan from the beginning, it was pitiful and degrading to witness... and I personally felt betrayed by their musical heresy.

I don't blame John Bush - I blame the band as a whole for trying to fix something that wasn't broke in the first place.

The upside of this conundrum is that Joey is now back in Anthrax & John is back with Armored Saint. They're both back home where they belong, doing what they do best. I wish them both all the success in the world.

Again i agree, i don't dislike John Bush either...I just perfer him with AS and Joey with ANTHRAX.. So I also am a big supporter of the reunion. Both ANTHRAX and AMORED SAINT :headbang:

Tyler, I have to disagree.

Anthrax's musical style on SOWN changed because Charlie was developing as a songwriter (away from generic thrash), Scott has a co-lyricist, and they had a bigger budget from Electra with Dave Jerden in the producers chair.

Your comment about changing to a Starb**cks rock/pop band doe'snt add up. What album fits that niche? Where do Potter Field, Burst, RAOSV, Riding Shotgun, Inside Out, Big Fat, What Does'nt Die, Black Dalhia fit into a Starbucks equation?? Yes there has been softer moments such as Bare and Pieces, but so what, as a fan I like to hear what is going on in their heads.

As for the Bush albums being degrading/pitiful to witness, I smell shite!!!

I've been a fan for 18 years (I'm almost 38), and through all of that I do hope Joey does get to sing on the next album, because he was outstanding on Friday night and super nice to everyone at the M & G afterwards.

I don't expect Among Part 2 though.

Tyler Durden said:
The first band were a pleasure to watch after the insane bullshit that preceeded them. Didn't get their name, but I will track it down and give their music a sniff..

Thanks Tyler!! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our set and it means a great deal to all of us!! We're called Only Hell Remains and we're from the Bronx section of New York city. You can check out some of our tunes on My Space..

www.MySpace.com/OnlyHellRemains

CHEERS!!

scottishthrax said:
Tyler, I have to disagree.

Anthrax's musical style on SOWN changed because Charlie was developing as a songwriter (away from generic thrash), Scott has a co-lyricist, and they had a bigger budget from Electra with Dave Jerden in the producers chair.

That's wonderful, and I have no problem with Charlie developing as a songwriter in any way whatsoever... why they chose to continue developing those 'different' ideas under the banner 'Anthrax' & not a completely different side-project, will forever be a mystery to me. To my ears the entire sound of the band changed for the worse the minute Bush joined. I wouldn't say it's Dave Jerden's fault that the band started going in a more commercial direction. The band may have had a bigger budget at the time, but as the old saying goes... You can't polish a turd. It was the lacklustre change of music direction that was to blame, and not how much money was thrown at them that caused my disliking for that particular era.

Your comment about changing to a Starb**cks rock/pop band doe'snt add up. What album fits that niche? Where do Potter Field, Burst, RAOSV, Riding Shotgun, Inside Out, Big Fat, What Does'nt Die, Black Dalhia fit into a Starbucks equation?? Yes there has been softer moments such as Bare and Pieces, but so what, as a fan I like to hear what is going on in their heads.

There's no accounting for taste. The Bush era IS Starb**ks pop rock... Not opinion - FACT! Opinions will always differ on this one...

As for the Bush albums being degrading/pitiful to witness, I smell shite!!!

Well, I'd probably say your olfractory senses are slightly over-sensitive there. I'm only speaking for myself and what I felt at the time... I didn't say everyone had to agree, I'm not here to be a godplayer. Maybe it's just a failing on my part that I couldn't blindly follow the band like a 'Lica fan in the vain hope that the next album will be a return to form when it clearly wasn't going to be so.

I've been a fan for 18 years (I'm almost 38), and through all of that I do hope Joey does get to sing on the next album, because he was outstanding on Friday night and super nice to everyone at the M & G afterwards.

I don't expect Among Part 2 though.

I salute your longevity, it's always cool to know some of the old crew are still gung-ho for the scene after all this time. Sometimes, turning up to these shows you feel part of the minority looking round and seeing all these young whipper-snappers going apeshit.:kickass: I've been a fan of only the Turbin & Belladonna era (totally bodyswerved the Bush era). I was no doubt going apeshit right alongside you at their Among The Living & State Of Euphoria shows in Edinburgh. Those were some killer memories for sure. Especially the 3 powercuts at the ATL show, the venue just couldn't take the power, hahahahaha...

Realistically, I can understand that the band aren't going to reproduce ATL part II... I honestly wouldn't expect it either. However, it fills me with a lot more confidence about the bands future just knowing that this line-up is working together towards writing new material. Past albums with this line-up have proven a quality product at the end, and I very much doubt they'll disappoint (apart from the Bush-era fans of course).

It was cool meeting them all again as well, they're all really cool guys & genuinely appreciative of their fans. Much respect...:headbang:

Bobby NYC said:
Thanks Tyler!! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our set and it means a great deal to all of us!! We're called Only Hell Remains and we're from the Bronx section of New York city. You can check out some of our tunes on My Space..

www.MySpace.com/OnlyHellRemains

CHEERS!!

Awesome! I got you guys bookmarked now, and I'll be picking up your EP at the first opportunity. It's cool to see a band as popular as Anthrax bringing out some homegrown talent on tour. I hope the shows were a raging success, and hope you come back this way a.s.a.f.p.:headbang:

Tyler Durden:
I was ONLY refering to Bush era Anthrax with that statement - I didn't mention any other bands. Burst & Black Dahlia Murder are FAR from Starb**ks pop rock & the albums they've released totally bury the Bush era Anthrax for heaviness & execution. Not opinion... FACT! Are you seriously trying to compare Anthrax as being as heavy or heavier than these 2 bands? That's some comedy platinum right there...

What is "comedy platinum" is he was talking about Anthrax songs and not those two bands. Fact.

MyHatred said:
Tyler Durden:

What is "comedy platinum" is he was talking about Anthrax songs and not those two bands. Fact.

I quite agree. What's life if you can't make an arse of yourself? Still, I only realized that after I'd already posted my answer. Not being the biggest fan of the Bush era, I honestly couldn't tell if they were song titles or not. I've heard the albums, but as they didn't have the appeal I was originally listening for - I didn't bother getting too personal in learning song titles verbatim. What's the point of filling your head up with shit you don't need to know...

Bands - Song Titles aside, I still stand by BOTH opinions.