Glitch in I am

I have to say, Matt posting the separated tracks to tackle this "critically important" [sarcasm] issue proves that Theocracy is a FULL-SERVICE BAND! :kickass:

I thought that was pretty cool too. :) This thread turned out to be more interesting that I was expecting.

Speaking of distortion, now that I am used to the distorted vocals on 'God' in the first instance of Altar to the Unknown God, I get disappointed when I don't hear it on the subsequent instances!

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I do like that part.

I'm glad that AttUG has just one case of songus interruptus, personally. Every time would be waay over the top.

Matt is lying. The truth is that Truman tampered with the recorded tracks and Matt was too lazy to record them again.

he he he.. oh and btw, I don't know if Matt or whoever is in charge will ever hear about it but that's what the iTunes email said:

'I have submitted this item for investigation. Apple takes the quality of the items offered on the iTunes Store seriously and will investigate the issue with this item, but I can't say when or if the issue will be resolved. Please try again in a few weeks.'

I don't know if it will reach you but I hope it won'T cause any troubles or whatever.

I too thought it was a glitch until I read the lyrics and realized that it's actually "watch." When I received my physical CD I still tried listening to it to see if it was just a flop with the Mp3 converted version, but it was there. So don't feel "bad" about this if you are, I'm sure a lot of fans think the same thing and this thread clears it up for everyone.

We're not insane for those who hear it lol =D Maybe it's just louder on some copies more than others or something hahah. When I first heard it, I had it playing while about to sleep and it woke me up as I was dozing off when it happened. I thought it was just my copy till I saw this thread. Like I said though, it doesn't break or ruin the song for me cause it's only like a split second, but it's definently there like someone bumped the DJ table type noticeable. I'd like a way to be able to share what i'm hearing, cause to hear others say they don't hear it or it sounds normal just lets me know we have to have different versions lol. My digital camera just doens't do it justice. Like on my last post, when I hear it, it's in a whole other frequency to what's going on at the time.

This supposed "I AM Glitch" is nothing. But seriously, I don't know how anyone could even bat an eyelash at it when there's something as obvious and jarring as the one in "Hide in the Fairytale." It's a 3:57 right after the snare, you'll hear the drummer, I can only assume, release a tremendous belch. I mean this baby is from the toes! Blew the headphones clean off of my head and they landed in the laundry basket six feet behind me. Weirdest thing is, the burp actually has its own reverb.

What?

It's true, I say!:OMG:

The first glitch that was brought up is not a glitch, so have no fear of that one...but there really is one at the very end of I AM as it fades out.

Glitch or not, there's something wrong in the song and it bothers my ears and brain :) But since it's only half a second and the song is so great, I soon think of something else and enjoy the rest of the song. And the end is weird as well but it bothers me less since it's through the 'silence' :p

Hey all,

I actually read this with interest since I too had always heard a "bark" at that point in the mix (Matt lets me hear things & I don't always get the lyrics to go with it). Matt told me there were overlapping lyrics at that point, plus the cymbal crash (when I motioned at the point of hearing the bark, Matt said it was in perfect time to the cymbal crash), so I just assumed that it was my overly-sensitive ears turning all that into a "bark."

And after reading this thread, I think we may be onto something there... I think people who are naturally more sensitive to higher frequencies tend to hear this overlap as a "woof" or "whoop" or "bark" whereas the others just hear what's actually there.

I'll frequently hear a harshness in cymbals that hurts me physically, and feedback drives me crazy. However, I don't hear any bark at all on the separated tracks, so it must be something about the combination.

At any rate, just my perspective on the situation. I'm sure it will come up with new fans as well, among those of us with super-sonic hearing. ;)

Hey, does anyone else hear that dog whistle?....

And after reading this thread, I think we may be onto something there... I think people who are naturally more sensitive to higher frequencies tend to hear this overlap as a "woof" or "whoop" or "bark" whereas the others just hear what's actually there.

Thanks for a rationale explanation for why some can say they hear nothing at all out of the ordinary and yet, for those of us who hear it, it's just ridiculously obvious and out of place! You may well be right.

All in know is that I wish I couldn't hear it, because it's driving me insane :erk: