GLITCHSTEPCORE! :) Hope you like how this sounds..

Thanks guys!! Really appreciate that!!
Ok the clean vox is me singing, haha. But the guitars, most of the songwriting, FX programming, mixing and mastering is me too! ;) Thanks about the guitar tone. Really like how this came out! But theres nothing special about it. Most of the tricks came out of this forum. Will tell you some more later..
Sadly your right with the thinness of the clean vocals. Guess the biggest problem is that I fastly recorded them with a shitty t-bone condenser! ;D Have to record them again. The other issue is that these notes are really high and hard to sing. So it's pretty hard to leave some warmth in my voice while singing it. You think harmonies will help getting them thicker? Anyone else wanna tell me his opinion about the mix? What do you think about the drums? :)

YES. HARMONIZE the FUCK out of the cleans..... if that's just one track of cleans (and it sounds like it is) then that's EXACTLY what I'd want.... add a double to that and some harmonies and you're set...

sick fucking song dude..... EFX and everything are pretty bog-standard for this period in time but it's a cool song! Needs some arrangement work to make it catchier (depending on what you're going for) but it sounds quite good!

OH's get on my nerves.... too much 16 or 18 K or something.... LP those shizzes.

GTRs are SIQ

Production is really good. I loathe the whole clean "singing" aspect in the newer genre's of metal today. It really makes my skin crawl when it comes in. To me clean singing doesn't belong in the "heavier" hardcore/deathcore whatever core. I only hear "homo" when the cleans start......in general not just this song. BUT we are not hear to judge that......so good work mix wise my friend.

Also..guitars sound nasty. In a good way. :Spin:

Haha, yeah those clean vox are not everybodys taste, but there are a lot of people that like them! Solved the mix issue by adding some harmonies. Helped a LOT making them thicker!

As promised some info on the guitars. Guess what makes them special is the Gibson Les Paul I used! Love how it sounds!
I plugged it into podfarm and used tube screamer + cali comb (yeah I already said theres really nothing special about it! ;) ). I used Catharsis Impulse! Really took a few hours to zap through my impulse archive, trying out a lot of impulses, wich is hard, cause it's not easy to jugde them without an EQ on it. The Catharsis "awesome impulse" is really great!
On the guitar bus I use the Podfarm "American Classic", the Ozone 4 exciter and an EQ. Filtered a lot on the guitars. For example I only highpassed them at about 60 Hz, and filtered the deep resonance frequencies with bandpasses. So I got more control over the bottom to let a lil bit of low end in the guitars. Last thing is an L1.

As always editing is very important. I cutted the guitars pretty tight. And I only double tracked for the first time. I was always afraid of this cause I thought 4 tracks HAVE to sound bigger than two. I was wrong in this case! :)

Hope I wrote something useful for you! But most of you will know all of this already I guess! ;)

really like this, the only thing would be the snare and those clean vox. the snare just sounds weird at certain points, and during rolls and faster stuffs it sounds machine-ish in a bad way. thereby said there is a good way, listen to Woe Is Me for example. and the clean vox sounds really hollow and pushed in the mids, and is kinda hard to make out. try playing with frequencies to find that clarity in there, make it pop. like the singing alot though, "homo" isn't always bad, haha.

can you tell me exactly where the snare sounds weird in your ears? would really like to know what you mean! ur right with the machinish sound. corrected it with some velocity editings.

What did you use on the scream vocals? Sounds like a lot of saturation and maybe distortion?

All of them, but not always. I buildt about 10 tracks (or 5 stereo cause I doubled them) with different settings on them and changed them over the song, including some automation on the panning and delay.
Saturation tools are SPL TwinTube and/or Antares Tube VST. Distortion is the standard cubase thing.

They are recorded through a MD421 btw! Love this mic for shouts! ;D

Production is really good. I loathe the whole clean "singing" aspect in the newer genre's of metal today. It really makes my skin crawl when it comes in. To me clean singing doesn't belong in the "heavier" hardcore/deathcore whatever core. I only hear "homo" when the cleans start......
+ 10,000,000,000

No offense to the OP at all, but I just can't stand this singing stuff in modern music. It belongs in emo, just my opinion. But again, we are here to critique the mix, which I think sounds awesome.

Shit just sounds GOOD! Songwriting wise, it sounds really current people will dig it regardless...

PUSH IT!

Thanks, man! :):)

Guess you guys are all a little bit more into oldschool metal than we are. Imo, if you want to achieve at least a small amount of mainstream today, you have to use popular modern elements. The other way is to invent something totally new, but I'm honestly not good enough to achieve that! ;D So some people like clean vox in metal, a few don't, some like the mix with dubstep sounds, others not. It's all about taste!
So, I have to say this forum is awesome, giving such objective and constructive critique even if you don't like the genre or whatever! Thanks, you helped me a lot! I'm still open for more opinions of course! ;)

I'm going to upload the final version when it's finished!