Gluing

Seth Munson

How do Amber Lamps?
Dec 1, 2009
Colorado Springs
Hey Joey, I was wondering if we could get an updated list of how you're gluing things together these days!

What is your go to (blank) to glu all the drums together or the go to (blank) to glu kick and bass or the go to (blank) for gluing guitars and bass?

Mainly I'm just curious if it's the same old stuff with more experience or do you have some new secrets you're willing to share? ;)

Oh and for the users feel free to post some of the old "secrets".. would be nice for us who might have missed a post or two of joeys (or cant play the cool friends-with-joey card :p).

Only one I can remember off the top of my head is snare and toms with a slight group verb to glu them just a tad.

Comps help glu a lot but I'm curious which comps and for what.

Why? Did you even read the first post?

Edit: sorry if that came off a little harsh but that is exactly what I do not want to do. Of course I can search around and see what he was doing a year or two ago but that defeats the purpose of getting an updated list.

He is a human like the rest of us and strives for something new and different so I am assuming his methods change over time and I am curious what has been and what hasn't been working for him

I was referring to Williamn:s "old" "secrets"" comment, I didn't see your post when I posted mine.

Oh yeah, did that long ago :).
But still a post of two might have been missed or there might have been some cool information posted by another user who talks with joey and so on.

But thanks anyway and thanks for the info Seth.
I remember reading some comps he liked he way back, but have not heard anything recently, so yeah :).

ssl%20glue.png

*only at walmart

I just started using mix bus compression do you have any beginner advice for mixing with it I noticed things sit easier and makes the bass tighter but fader moves don't react as you'd typically expect them to

Joey are you using the SSL to glue more than the drums like guitars and other junk? If so anything drastic or just some medium compressing on certain things before sending them to the master?
I have had luck with c4, Ozone, Maxxbass, Gclip, SSL all over my tracks I think i can glue drums pretty well

And one more thing to point out, Listening to guitars it seems to me that there's a Good amount of sustain and consistency to them, hardly ever getting buried behind anything. Is that a post processing thing or what?

Thanks,

Joey are you using the SSL to glue more than the drums like guitars and other junk? If so anything drastic or just some medium compressing on certain things before sending them to the master?
I have had luck with c4, Ozone, Maxxbass, Gclip, SSL all over my tracks I think i can glue drums pretty well

And one more thing to point out, Listening to guitars it seems to me that there's a Good amount of sustain and consistency to them, hardly ever getting buried behind anything. Is that a post processing thing or what?

Thanks,

+1

Thanks,

i never let reduction go over 4 or 6 db

i make sure all of my guitar tracks contain proper dynamics by the playing / in the takes. the tone its self is smoothed out with post processing tricks, but i don't use compressors. i use limiters.

i never let reduction go over 4 or 6 db

i make sure all of my guitar tracks contain proper dynamics by the playing / in the takes. the tone its self is smoothed out with post processing tricks, but i don't use compressors. i use limiters.

Thanks dude, I know it's kind of a long shot, But could you fill me in on some the tricks or a step in the right direction?
I know you're tuning all the notes in melodyne, or autotune.
My friends band got their stuff sent from wade to you (Mixing/Mastering), I know he Tuned everything. It sounds awesome my friend.
I don't know if you ever listened to my mixes. But you can tell I am getting all the tracks perfect. just looking to up my post processing.

Also your editing is awesome for chopping up chugs in between parts, I am curious to know what your doing.

Sorry for blowing you up dude. haha

Thanks dude, I know it's kind of a long shot, But could you fill me in on some the tricks or a step in the right direction?

well the best advice we can give you is "just to make things sound better". if something sounds better without processing at equal loudness, don't process it. I fell into the "fill all the inserts with plugins" pithole when I was starting up, but in the end it usually was only louder, but sounded like shit, while the source was usually sounding pretty healthy.

well the best advice we can give you is "just to make things sound better". if something sounds better without processing at equal loudness, don't process it. I fell into the "fill all the inserts with plugins" pithole when I was starting up, but in the end it usually was only louder, but sounded like shit, while the source was usually sounding pretty healthy.

DAMN Straight ;p