GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums Of 1988

You're looking at the year the label was printed. It's not necessarily the year it was released, especially for records pressed in December. That's the main reason why there's so much disagreement and confusion amongst music databases.
My thoughts as well. Therefore, I'm still not convinced that "World Circus" was officially released in 1987.

1) Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
2) Metallica - ...And Justice For All
3) Queensryche - Operation: Mindcime
4) Megadeth - So Far, So Good...So What!
5) Slayer - South of Heaven
6) Testament - The New Order
7) Riot - Thundersteel
8) Liege Lord - Master Control
9) Death - Leprosy
10) Jason Becker - Perpetual Burn

That was difficult. Good year.

1 - Queensrÿche - Operation: Mindcrime
2 - King Diamond - "Them"
3 - Crimson Glory - Transcendence
4 - Coroner - Punishment for Decadence
5 - Helstar - A Distant Thunder
6 - Flotsam and Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace
7 - Voivod - Dimension Hatröss
8 - Vicious Rumours - Digital Dictator
9 - Metallica - ...And Justice for All
10 - Riot - Thundersteel

lol chill guys, i'm not gonna close any of these until it's clear nobody else intends to rate. the above was just a minimum. three weeks is a maximum i guess unless someone convinces me otherwise, i generally aim for two but we tend to run over that obviously. i'm not nearly ready either, this is the hardest year yet for me.

1. Slayer - South Of Heaven
  2. Death - Leprosy
  3. Atrophy - Socialized Hate
  4. Megadeth - So Far So Good So What
  5. Anthrax - State Of Euphoria
  6. Bolt Thrower - In Battle There Is No Law
  7. Tankard - The Morning After
  8. Carcass - Reek Of Purification
  9. Helloween - Keeper Of The Seven Keys Pt. 2
  10. Hobbs Angel Of Death - Hobbs Angel Of Death

Honourable Mentions go to,
D.R.I - 4 Of A Kind
Death Angel - Frolic Through The Park
Metallica - And Justice For All
Ozzy Osbourne - No Rest For The Wicked
Running Wild - Port Royal
Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow
Testament - The New Order

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
100% i would have sent you to the hospital if you made that joke in person.

Difference between you and me is i dont act any different when sitting behind a computer screen. I would never say something like that to anyone, whether in person or on the internet. For example, there are plenty of dirty jews i dislike, but i would NEVER make fun of what happened to them. I would rather shoot myself in the foot than do something that dirty and low. Like i said, i dont know how you look at yourself in the mirror. Grade-A bitch to the fullest. i swear.
Cry more. I'm Jewish, Holocaust jokes are just that: jokes. When are you namby-pambies going to stop pretending that words self-animate into actual, tangible injuries? You insult the people who died in such things by trivializing their suffering with your insipid pearl-clutching. As if an offensive jest is somehow palpably damaging just like the actual killing. Get fucking real.

Reactions: CiG
And she still needs to pay with her life for it. You know, that and ever recording a note of her vacuous earsonomies.

I was at a wedding recently and I asked about what a certain song was and people gave me a weird look and said '...Taylor Swift...?' like I had killed their puppy or something.

Couldn't care less about her music.

Last edited:
I was at a wedding recently and I asked about what a certain song was and people gave me a weird look and said '...Taylor Swift...?' like I had killed their puppy or something.

Couldn't care less about her music.

You must have really wanted free food/booze.

And she still needs to pay with her life for it. You know, that and ever recording a note of her vacuous earsonomies.

You just don't wanna have fun! Why does music always have to have substance? Why can't it ever just be bland and cloying?