3. X Japan - Vanishing Vision
4. Metallica - ...And Justice for All
5. Bathory - Blood Fire Death
6. Lust - We'll Never Die
7. Doom - Complicated Mind
8. Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys pt. II
9. Helstar - A Distant Thunder
10. Mephisto - Mephisto

This year saw the release of my favorite album of all time, Irae Melanox. That was the album that made me understand real heavy metal. When I first heard it I was into shitty prog metal. I used to be the kind of person who'd listen to Crystal Logic and think "this is interesting but the sound is too muddy and the singer is too nasal". Irae Melanox changed that. It made me a fan of metal that was... arcane, for lack of a better world. That sounded like it came from a different time and place altogether. And it's probably gonna lose the 10th spot on this list to fucking South of Heaven or something.

This year saw the release of my favorite album of all time, Irae Melanox. That was the album that made me understand real heavy metal. When I first heard it I was into shitty prog metal. I used to be the kind of person who'd listen to Crystal Logic and think "this is interesting but the sound is too muddy and the singer is too nasal". Irae Melanox changed that. It made me a fan of metal that was... arcane, for lack of a better world. That sounded like it came from a different time and place altogether. And it's probably gonna lose the 10th spot on this list to fucking South of Heaven or something.

My exclusion of it certainly didn't help, I wish I owned the album and had heard it enough to rate it. I certainly love what I've heard though.

1. Adramelch - Irae Melanox
2. Voivod - Dimension Hatröss
10. Mephisto - Mephisto

Adramelch is in a lot of people's lists, without going back and checking things I bet it's going to be at least in the top 5.

Glad to see Doom and Mephisto as well. Mephisto's S/T had that same first-listen "Holy fuck this is from another world" impact on me that Irae Melanox did, maybe even more strong, unfortunately it didn't quite hold up for me to that extent. More people need to hear that album at least once.

1. Sabbat - History of a Time to Come : I fucking love this album. I really wish that this lineup stayed together. Also, I want my hands on Dreamweaver so bad.

2. Bathory - Blood Fire Death: This reminds me so much of my teenage years. Always get crazy feels when I listen to this album.

3. Dark Quarterer - The Etruscan Prophecy: I love the guitar work on this album so much. It's one I've revisited within the past year (maybe because of those mixtape games? And loved again all over again.

4. King Diamond - Them: King Diamond was basically my teenage years. Also, really love this album.

5. Adramelch - Irae Melanox: I actually heard this recently (within the past year or two) and I had it on repeat. Amazing album.

6. Slayer - South of Heaven

7. Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

8. Cloven Hoof - Dominator

9. Pantera - Power Metal: This is the only Pantera album I've enjoyed the whole way through.

10. Virgin Steele - Age of Consent: Let it Roooooooaaarrrrrrrr ROAR! I use to listen to this album a lot.

Anyone finding how much their taste have changed doing these lists? On my iTunes I have stuff like OLD that I dont listen to anymore and a few others. Also Sabbat beating Bathory is nuts to me. Teenage me would be disappointed, but that Sabbat album rules. Also, from seeing everyone's lists theres a shit ton of stuff I havent heard yet from this year.

1. Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
2. Adramelch - Irae Melanox
3. Metallica - ...And Justice for All
4. Napalm Death - FETO
5. Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt. II
6. Crimson Glory - Transcendence
7. Death - Leprosy
8. Running Wild - Port Royal
9. Voivod - Dimension Hatröss
10. Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime

1. Adramelch - Irae Melanox
2. Voivod - Dimension Hatröss
10. Mephisto - Mephisto

You need to change your title now.

1. Anacrusis - Suffering Hour
2. Blind Illusion - The Sane Asylum
3. Coroner - Punishment For Decadence
4. Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
5. Rigor Mortis - s/t
6. Sabbat - History of a Time to Come
7. Saint Vitus - Mournful Cries
8. Slayer - Sout of Heaven
9. Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare
10. Voivod - Dimension Hatröss

1. Anacrusis - Suffering Hour
2. Blind Illusion - The Sane Asylum
3. Coroner - Punishment For Decadence
4. Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
5. Rigor Mortis - s/t
6. Sabbat - History of a Time to Come
7. Saint Vitus - Mournful Cries
8. Slayer - Sout of Heaven
9. Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare
10. Voivod - Dimension Hatröss

i'm assuming this is in alphabetical rather than preferential order

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
He's busy becoming gradually more inactive until he ultimately disappears from this forum forever.