5. Lovebites- Clockwork Immortality
6. Obscura- Diluvium
7. Sargeist- Unbound
8. Vargrev- Netherstorm
9. Svartidaudi- Revelations of the Red Sword
10. Ifernach- Gaqtaqaiaq

Reactions: CiG
5. Lovebites- Clockwork Immortality
I'm pleased to see that my recommendation made it into your top 10. Considering how bad the song from this album which I had submitted to the themed mixtape game 2018 fared, I was a bit hesitant to suggest this album at all, but since you had explicitly asked for power metal recommendations, I decided to give it a try.

I'm pleased to see that my recommendation made it into your top 10. Considering how bad the song from this album which I had submitted to the themed mixtape game 2018 fared, I was a bit hesitant to suggest this album at all, but since you had explicitly asked for power metal recommendations, I decided to give it a try.

Yeah, not the type of stuff most people here like, but super strong melodies and hooks had this album on loop for me all week.

@crimsonfloyd have you checked out anything from the new Beyond Creation, Alkaloid, Augury and Gorod albums? New Monstrosity is pretty sick too. 2018 was a very solid year for technical death metal.

Nope. If you only had time for two, which would you suggest?

1) satan – cruel magic
2) lutomysl – ecce homo
3) wytch hazel – sojourn
4) panphage – jord
5) chevalier – chapitre ii
6) black viper – hellions of fire
7) manacle – no fear to persevere
8) aura noir – aura noire
9) sepulcher – panoptic horror
10) armory – the search

chaos invocation – reaping season – bloodshed beyond
transilvania – the night of nights
sacral rage – beyond celestial echoes
hooded menace - ossuarium silhouettes unhallowed
voivod – the wake
ice sword - dragon magic
uruk – nihilistic warfare in unhuman realms
autarcie – sequania
apostasy – the sign of darkness
nachash - phantasmal triunity

Yeah, not the type of stuff most people here like, but super strong melodies and hooks had this album on loop for me all week.

Nope. If you only had time for two, which would you suggest?
Definitely Beyond Creation and i really like the new Augury but i have a feeling you'll dig the new Alkaloid album since it leans more on the progressive side than the other stuff here.

that Beyond Creation track honestly murders the rest of the stuff i posted there tbh

i honesty don't know what to think when is see that totally pedestrian Satan album at the top of some of these lists. Truly amazing. I'm going to give a few of you here the benefit of the doubt and say that you guys are voting for them because you love the band ... which is still a lame move tbh.

1 - Teleport - The Expansion
2 - Cist - The Frozen Casket
3 - Beyond Creation - Algorythm
4 - Augury - Illusive Golden Age
5 - Gorod - Aethra
6 - Obscura - Diluvium
7 - Monstrosity - The Passage of Existence
8 - Mongrell's Cross - Psalter of the Royal Dragon Court
9 - Deceased - Ghostly White
10 - Ancestor - Lords of Destiny

HM:
Alkaloid - Liquid Anatomy
Psycroptic - As the Kingdom Drowns
Voivod - The Wake
Hatchet - Dying to Exist
Necrophobic - Mark of the Necrogram
Gama Bomb - Speed Between the Lines
Black Fast - Spectre of Ruin
Cryptopsy - The Book of Suffering (Tome 2)
Skeletal Remains - Devouring Mortality
Horrendous - Idol

almost forgot about that Obliteration album, havent heard it enough to make my top 10 but definitely deserves a mention

Reactions: CiG
nah i always used to say the new satan stuff was overrated but i love this one. surprised you don't like it actually, there are a couple of weak tunes i'll grant you but there's nothing pedestrian about the likes of 'my prophetic soul' or 'into the mouth of eternity'

i miiight be mixing it up with Atom by Atom but that album wasnt that bad irc. But i do remember the track from the 2018 themed game being super boring and pedestrian as fuck. And most of you rated that lame song pretty high so im going to take a guess and say the rest of the album sucks if that was one of the standout tracks.

EDIT: yeah, my mistake ... I was mixing it up with Atom by Atom, which i never said is a bad album but rather a pedestrian one that imo doesn't deserve to be at the top of any list.

Last edited:
Interesting to see the new Gorod album make Tech's list. I haven't heard it myself, but if he rates it I might just have to give it a spin.

Kinda lost interest in the band post-A Perfect Absolution tbh.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
i've always been a huge fan(i think they're one of the greatest tech-death bands of all time) so you shouldn't really be surprised. I'd say it's on par with their last two albums. And I could have sworn you said that you were really digging the new Gorod and Psycroptic albums jsut a few months ago.

Life Sentence is easily their best comeback album and I agree that Atom by Atom is the weakest. Still like it a lot though. Court in the Act is their best overall cuz old skewl.

i've always been a huge fan(i think they're one of the greatest tech-death bands of all time) so you shouldn't really be surprised. I'd say it's on par with their last two albums. And I could have sworn you said that you were really digging the new Gorod and Psycroptic albums jsut a few months ago.
Yep, that's true I really enjoyed them when I first heard them. Thanks for reminding me I need to listen to them some more :)

Yep, that's true I really enjoyed them when I first heard them. Thanks for reminding me I need to listen to them some more :)
yeah man, both of them kind of grew on me. That's pretty much one of the main signs of a good tech-death album. Unlike some of these other rather shallow albums that you can pretty much digest after just one spin. Definitely not a genre for the simpletons of this world.

Reactions: jimmy101
Definitely Beyond Creation and i really like the new Augury but i have a feeling you'll dig the new Alkaloid album since it leans more on the progressive side than the other stuff here.

Really enjoying the Beyond Creation and Psycroptic albums on first listen. Will give more thought out opinions once I've processed them more.