Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 1990's

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 2000's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2010's

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Aside from all Hitchcock's stuff, I might've only seen another dozen or so from the 50s worth mentioning. 1955 is a stacked year though, maybe we should start with that.

There are many definite classics from people like Kurosawa, Kubrick, Lean, DeMille, of course Hitchcock, but I don't know how I'd fill out my lists setting aside the big names. I'd have to do some watching, which is fine. Part of the fun.

I haven't seen enough to make a list, but I did watch Batman Returns last night, and it was pretty amazing. Trying to motivate to watch Wayne's World tonight. Not sure if I've ever seen it - maybe was too young to remember.

Luckily, I already used to write down the movies I've seen way back then - otherwise, I wouldn't have remembered about half of them.

1. Husbands and Wives
2. Batman Returns
3. Gas Food Lodging
4. Kleine Haie
5. Peter's Friends
6. Memories of an Invisible Man
7. Schtonk
8. Herr Ober
9. Alles Lüge
10. My Cousin Vinny

Might end this before Wainds' 2019 thread, unless he has plans to end it soon. No rush, just doesn't seem like I'll get anymore lists on this one. If anybody still wants to post one let me know.

i was intending to end the 2019 one this weekend but my pc mishaps have set me back a bit. will definitely close it by next weekend though

Reactions: CiG
1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Dead Alive / Braindead
3. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
4. Man Bites Dog
5. Glengarry Glenn Ross
6. Bad Lieutenant
7. Light Sleeper
8. Hard Boiled
9. Army of Darkness
10. The Player

This is one of the best years we've done so far. I don't think the Twin Peaks film works unless you have the show fresh in your mind. I saw the film after finishing my second viewing of the show.

If you see FWWM before seeing the TV show like I did, it works 'wrong' in that it's a complete WTF. Something you wouldn't get if you know the show, although it does kinda spoil the mystery so it's a trade-off. At the time I watched it I only went ahead because I thought I'd never bother watching the series, but the news of a 3rd season got me interested.

It was a guy at work who recommended it to me as a complete WTF, so I don't think he'd seen the show either. Well, he's old enough that maybe he saw some episodes at the time, but he doesn't seem like the sort of guy who's studious enough to make sure he tunes into every episode of a series.

i haven't watched any extra stuff for this list but i may as well throw one together:

1. twin peaks FWWM
2. unforgiven
3. alien 3
4. reservoir dogs
5. the last of the mohicans
6. hard boiled
7. bad lieutenant
8. another girl another planet
9. lessons of darkness
10. glengarry glen ross

Last edited:
the fourth year of my life was a gore soaked schlockfest in the cinemas.

1. Army of Darkness
2. Braindead
3. Candyman
4. Demonic Toys
5. Critters 4
6. Wayne’s World
7. DBZ: Super Android 13!
8. Universal Soldier
9. Tetsuo II: Body Hammer
10. Batman Returns

might gifify my list before the nights over.

I don’t really get the love for Twin Peaks. I tried to watch the series several times and it manages to put me to sleep faster than Benadryl ever would.

Reactions: Sophii and CiG
1 - Candyman
2 - Twin Peaks : Fire Walk With Me
3 - Scent of a Woman
4 - Bram Stoker's Dracula
5 - Braindead
6 - El Mariachi
7 - Of Mice and Men
8 - Unforgiven
9 - The Last of Mohicans

I'll intentionally leave out some obvious choices, since I got bored or tired of many of those movies.

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Alien 3
3. Orlando
4. Patriot Games
5. Malcolm X
6. Army of Darkness
7. Unforgiven
8. Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media (remember seeing this as an undergrad, gettin' brainwashed ftw)
9. Batman Returns
10. Basic Instinct