GMD Social Poll: Top Ten Films of 2005

i've thought about this a lot and i think ultimately the issue is that where 3 was an elegant distillation of the essence of the source material, 4 is a much more literal adaptation which really highlights the difference between having a director with a vision and sense of poetry and a desire to interpret and emphasise, versus having a craftsman who just wants to please the fanbase with an accurate linear adaptation. common issue with a ton of literary adaptations tbh, and if i wanted that i'd just read the book again instead (one of her best IIRC). also the acting seemed to get worse which is another sign of a shitty director lol. that said, i recall the finale being pretty good.

Reactions: CiG
Interesting! I've only read the first book (I think) so I've never been able to put my finger on why I place Goblet of Fire so low in my HP ranking. It always just felt the most stilted and conventional to me. You put it all into words, cheers. I was just curious because I enjoy reading your HP reviews and this is one you never published one for.