GMD SONG SURVIVOR: Slayer - Show No Mercy

Nov 23, 2002
i'll do 'hell awaits' another time if there's still demand, but someone suggested doing this first and i decided i agree because i think HELL AWAITS has a clearer winner. guess we'll see.

Round 1 Tracklist
1) Evil Has No Boundaries
2) The Antichrist
3) Die By The Sword
4) Fight Till Death
5) Metal Storm / Face The Slayer
6) Black Magic
7) Tormentor
8) The Final Command
9) Crionics
10) Show No Mercy

Vote for the TWO weakest links.

tormentor
show no mercy

ugh an unhealthy amount of thought went into that. this one's like choosing between my ten beautiful children. that boring section around the 2 minute mark ultimately sinks the title track, else it might've been safe.

This is really hard. I can't believe people are voting for the final three tracks. For me those three songs make the real unholy trinity of thrash.

Anyway, my votes are for Tormentor and Die By The Sword

Title track is the only song from their first five albums that I would say is kinda bad (Priest cover aside). Tormentor is decent but still an easy second pick. In fact, I'd say this easily has the widest spread of song quality from any of their albums.

the verse and chorus and solo on the title track are outstanding, i just don't like the part at 2ish mins - it's just sub-motorhead and pretty much the only section on the entire album i don't care about. tormentor rules but it prominently contains the most ill-fitting riff on the album and a pretty cheesy chorus (which i still really like tbf). i'm also innately biased against the vocal line tracing the guitar melody going all the way back to the 'iron man' verse, almost always does nothing for me.

crionics is epic bro

i knew it was gonna struggle but i absolutely adore 'the final command', it's not the best but it's the most fun and energetic song on the album for me, it has great momentum and i love the ridiculous screams and the solo. it was also maybe the second thrash/speed song i ever heard outside of metallica, which may or may not impact my affection for it. makes me happy, anyway.

Crionics is pure riff fucking magic. Top three, easy.

crionics is epic bro

Epic? Riff magic? :lol: What the fuck is wrong with you guys? That's some hilarious shit right there. I thought it was pretty widely accepted that Crionics is the weakest link on the album. Guess i was wrong ... this place never ceases to amaze me with it's left field opinions. It is by far their weakest track from their first three albums.

IMO the last three tracks should be voted out first.

Black Magic, Evil Has No Boundaries and Fight Till Death are the top three tracks IMO. And the rest aren't far behind.

I'm politely bowing out of the voting for this album as IMO it and the two albums after are some of the pinnacles of metal.

I would feel ultra-shitty voting for any of these songs.