GMD SONG SURVIVOR: Slayer - Show No Mercy

... it'll click for you one day.

Not only is it one of Slayers best, it's one of the greatest metal albums of all time imo.

It's pretty much the spirit of heavy metal personified. I don't even want to vote in this thread because I'm not sure I could ever decide.

The Antichrist.

You are such an insufferable prick. "Learning to appreciate" does not equal "laughing at." Furthermore, I owned Reign in Blood ten years and quite enjoyed it. However, I don't think I realized the depth of its brilliance until a few years ago. I wasn't too familiar with the other Slayer albums.

You said that starting with Reign in Blood was the problem and you've mentioned on many occasions that you're not much of a thrash guy to begin with.

Since when the fuck did you start criticizing others for not being into thrash? You're not even a "thrash guy" yourself to being with, I remember a few years back when you were talking shit about Slayer while listening to nevermore, helloween and manowar. Now all of a sudden your some type of expert on thrash" :lol: Get real you fucking twat.

Also, him saying he just started to really gain appreciated for those albums is far from him "laughing" at them ... although he did laugh when i said SNM is one of the best albums ever, which im pretty sure he'll come to regret.

I've been a thrash guy pretty much since I've been a metal guy (i.e. not just a Metallica & Iron Maiden guy), just not a Slayer guy for all that time. I didn't know that listening to Helloween, Nevermore, or Manowar were mutually exclusive of being a fan of thrash. I'm just saying that to call Show No Mercy unmemorable, yet apparently listening to it 10-15 times over just a couple years, is weird.

Evil Has No Boundaries

Objectively, I pretty much agree Antichrist is the weakeast link, but it was one of the first thrash songs I get into so I just can't vote it out yet.

Re HBB: AFAIK he's probably heard more thrash than anyone else active here and can justify his opinions, so saying he's not a "thrash guy" is stupid.

... lol is all i have to say to your last statement. L O fucking L. That is all.

And clearly you're just as dumb and retarded as he is for thinking he listens to or has listened to more thrash than everyone else around here. Either you're delusional, or just haven't been around here enough to know what you're yapping about.

I've been a thrash guy pretty much since I've been a metal guy (i.e. not just a Metallica & Iron Maiden guy), just not a Slayer guy for all that time. I didn't know that listening to Helloween, Nevermore, or Manowar were mutually exclusive of being a fan of thrash. I'm just saying that to call Show No Mercy unmemorable, yet apparently listening to it 10-15 times over just a couple years, is weird.

trashing Slayer(and most other thrash bands) and listening to queensryche does not make you a "thrash metal guy". Neither did listening to a few mainstream thrash bands like metallica and exodus. If that were the case half the fucking metal world would be "thrash guys" like yourself.

I dont even feel like going back and looking for those ancient posts, but i remember you clearly talking shit/arguing with me about thrash on more than a few occasions, and even even tried to imply that power metal was better than thrash a few times :lol: I realize you've had some newfound love for thrash in the last few years, but yeah like i said .. get fucking real, you're one of the last people here who should be criticizing anyone for their taste in TM.

i always thought he was mega into his thrash tbh, although i've only been aware of him for a few years. i'm sure he shits on some thrash classics too because he does that with most genres, but a quick rym search confirms he's rated like 1000 thrash albums over a 6 year period, so he's not exactly a layman. i also think it's fair for someone to say thrash is one of the more stagnant metal genres as a rule without that meaning they don't like or know about thrash - although idk if that was ever one of his arguments. regardless, he has at least some ammo for this shitty argument nobody cares about.

HBB is as much as a thrash guy as Baroque. HBB likes the prog/techy/late 80s material while Baroque likes anything under the subgenre. Stoopid discussion

he rated feel the fire, bonded by blood, ride the lightning, darkness descends, killing is my business etc 5 stars though so it's not like he's immune to the more traditional stuff. but yes, stoopid discussion

cataloging/rating albums on RYM doesn't really mean shit tbh.

A few years back people used to laugh at him anytime he talked thrash, death etc. I don't think there's a single thrash band that hes brought to our attention here. While there's probably a countless number of TM bands we've introduced him to.

He's about as much of a thrash metal guy as one of the regulars from the power metal threads. Like i said, he has no room to criticize anyone for not listening to thrash.

edit:

And not that it matters really, but i dont think there's anyone here that listens to more TM than i do, or even comes close tbh. I listen to thrash every single day of my life. While im at work, at home, in the car, etc. It's a part of who i am. So it kind of offends me that anyone here(other than HBB himself, apparently) would consider him a "thrash metal guy". When you shit on Slayer and Testament while listening to kings x, nevermore and queensryche .... that automatically makes you a "not a thrash metal guy".

the guy himself just started to come around to slayer and he's giving crimson shit for it? :lol: hilarious.

But yeah, this is a pretty stoopid discussion ... which i rightfully take blame for, lol.

... lol is all i have to say to your last statement. L O fucking L. That is all.

And clearly you're just as dumb and retarded as he is for thinking he listens to or has listened to more thrash than everyone else around here. Either you're delusional, or just haven't been around here enough to know what you're yapping about.

I've been going through quite a few RYM thrash lists lately and seen HBB rated majority albums in them, more than you for sure, so that's where I'm coming from. If that makes me delusional, dumb, retarded I leave on your assessment.

The Antichrist.

You said that starting with Reign in Blood was the problem and you've mentioned on many occasions that you're not much of a thrash guy to begin with.

I never said the former. While the later is true, Slayer is most definitely the acception to the rule. I'd have Reign in Blood in my top 10 metal albums for sure, while Hell Awaits and South of Heaven wouldn't be too far behind.

Anyway, I would appriciate it if you would stop putting words in my mouth. It's bad enough that we have to deal with you preaching your terrible opinions as if they were law, we don't need you creating half-truths about the views of others.

I've been going through quite a few RYM thrash lists lately and seen HBB rated majority albums in them, more than you for sure,

:lol: Yes, and he also has more reviews and ratings on MA than i do, and has also been here longer than i have. So yes, i guess his thrash knowledge is superior, right? :rolleyes: Are you kidding me? I didnt know rating albums on RYM was the benchmark of how much music one listens to. I hardly use that sight anyway, maybe once every few weeks or so. But yeah, I probably own more thrash albums than the guy can even name.

It wasn't too long ago that he thought protest the hero and destroy erase improve where technical thrash and vektor was blackened thrash. :lol:

:lol: Yes, and he also has more reviews and ratings on MA than i do, and has also been here longer than i have. So yes, i guess his thrash knowledge is superior, right? :rolleyes: Are you kidding me? I didnt know rating albums on RYM was the benchmark of how much music one listens to. I hardly use that sight anyway, maybe once every few weeks or so. But yeah, I probably own more thrash albums than the guy can even name.

It wasn't too long ago that he thought protest the hero and destroy erase improve where technical thrash and vektor was blackened thrash. :lol:

That's my sample, also I've seen him recommend quite a few bands when Baroque was doing year by year thrash lists. I'm not here that long, at least not very active, but good for ya if you have that many albums, but I haven't seen you suggest that many. Maybe you should post some pics of your collection in hauls thread. Not that I want proof or something, but I can enjoy large collections, even when I'm looking at them.

I've actually posted pics of my collection in a few threads here throughout the years. And even though there were hundreds of cd's in those pics, i still have aboout 170-190 more at my old house. Also, i only post pictures of my hauls in the hauls section, i mean that is what that thread is for, right? I also contributed quite a bit to those year by year lists Baroque was doing, more so than burgerboy did, that's for sure. Tbh, i dont even remember him contributing to those lists at all, but i could be wrong. If you want suggestions than you should ask .... because i mainly post what i listen to in the NP thread. And at least one out of every 2 or 3 albums i post there are thrash.

edit: plus i dont really buy new albums as much as i used to, thats why i dont post much in the hauls thread. Nowadays i only buy albums fro my favorite bands and sometimes some cheap impulse buys. Oh yeah and i've turned into somewhat of a vinyl addict, but i think i have that under control now, lol.