GNMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2002

missing out '67-'69 is absolutely heinous though imo

I thought it best to include three whole decades. But, since the inclusion of 2002 is now an anomaly in retrospect, I guess there's no point now in preserving an arbitrary sense of balance. Obviously I'm not going to reroll at this point, but, going forward, I'll work with '67-'99.

Pleased to see that this one made it into the top 10. By the way, what do you think of their comeback-EP "Attersyn"? Or is "Jygri" the only Gåte-release you are familiar with?

From you a few years ago. Not exactly regular listening for me (not much from this year is), but I definitely like it.
Nowadays, I (also) listen to it only occasionally, but initially, it got quite a lot of spins and just a few months after the release of this album, I also got the chance to see Egschiglen live at a festival. Funny to think that this album would have made the Top 10 with just one point more.

Pleased to see that this one made it into the top 10. By the way, what do you think of their comeback-EP "Attersyn"? Or is "Jygri" the only Gåte-release you are familiar with?

I only discovered the one album during this game, but it made enough of an impression that I felt like including it.

Reactions: Burkhard
I only discovered the one album during this game, but it made enough of an impression that I felt like including it.
In this case, I'd recommend to also give their second album "Iselilja" and their (already mentioned) recent comeback-EP "Attersyn" a try. (I think all songs from these releases are to be found on youtube.) Personally, I like "Iselilja" better than "Jygri", though this, of course, doesn't mean anything.

In this case, I'd recommend to also give their second album "Iselilja" and their (already mentioned) recent comeback-EP "Attersyn" a try. (I think all songs from these releases are to be found on youtube.) Personally, I like "Iselilja" better than "Jygri", though this, of course, doesn't mean anything.

I can just listen on Spotify like I did with Jygri.

Damn, sucks I missed this year, it had some real good stuff on offer.

If I had been here for it, my list would have looked something like this:

Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings - Dap-Dippin' with...
Edan - Primitive Plus
Joey Ramone - Don't Worry About Me
The Residents - Demons Dance Alone
dälek - From Filthy Tongues of Gods of Griots
Hank Williams III - Lovesick, Broke & Driftin'
City of Caterpillar - City of Caterpillar
Cinema Strange - The Astonished Eyes of Evening
Star of Ash - Iter.Viator
Atmosphere - God Loves Ugly

@Mort Divine :kickass:

db3fadc37e4fe0867ba0e3b9617c634d.912x912x1.jpg

01. Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies