7. Nomeansno - 0 + 2 = 1
  8. Latin Alliance - Latin Alliance
  9. Headless Chickens - Body Blow
  10. Nirvana - Nevermind
HM:
Lung - Cactii
The Prodigy - What Evil Lurks
Chubb Rock - The One

The Headless Chickens album loses points for being the non-definitive early version with 2 songs that got binned later in favour of a few better ones recorded for the 1993 version. Not enough for it to fall outta my top 10 though.

I think I've only heard that one once in full when I first got into them, if even (might have just listened to a few songs, can't remember). I'll try and prioritize a listen and if it it's up to the standards of 0+2=1 I'll toss it into my list.

Reactions: CiG
i had a quick look and ‘wrong’ finished 2nd overall for ‘89 but it looks like that’s the only one to make a final list. some others got a few votes though

1. Swans - White Light From the Mouth of Infinity
2. Siouxsie and the Banshees - Superstition
3. Rosetta Stone - An Eye For the Main Chance
4. Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
5. Strange Boutique - The Loved One
6. Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
7. Guardian Bird - La poupée
8. Slowdive - Just For a Day
9. Death Side - Bet On the Possibility
10. Lycia - Ionia

Would Angel Rat be considered metal if it wasn't a Voivod album? Sounds much more like an alternative/psychedelic rock album to me. Thoughts about it being acceptable here?

1. My Bloody Valentine- Loveless
2. Soundgarden- Badmotorfinger
3. Swans- White Light From the Mouth of Infinity
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magic
5. The Smashing Pumpkins- Gish
6. Rush- Roll the Bones
7. Enya- Shepherd Moons
8. REM- Out of Time
9. Nirvana- Nevermind
10. Ice Cube- Death Certificate

1. Kari Bremnes - Spor
2. Hole - Pretty on the Inside
3. Ole Paus/Mari Boine Persen/Kari Bremnes - Salmer på veien hjem
4. Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese
5. The Bulgarian State Female Choir, Guest: Sarband - Mystères

1 - Nirvana - Nevermind
2 - Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
3 - Pearl Jam - Ten
4 - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
5 - Cypress Hill - Cypress Hill
6 - NWA - NIGGAZ4LIFE
7 - DJ Quik - Quik Is the Name
8 - Ice-T - O.G. Original Gangster
9 - Geto Boys - We Cant Be Stopped
10 - Guns n' Roses - Use Your Illusion I

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Top Ten
  1. Swans - White Light From the Mouth of Infinity
  2. Love Is Colder Than Death - Teignmouth
  3. Cranes - Wings of Joy
  4. Armia - Legenda
  5. Nirvana - Nevermind
  6. Pixies - Trompe le Monde
  7. Инструкция по выживанию [Instruktsiya po Vyzhivaniyu] - Смертное [Smertnoye]
  8. Slowdive - Just For A Day
  9. The Smashing Pumpkins - Gish
  10. Lycia - Ionia

Honourable Mention
  • Cypress Hill - Cypress Hill
  • The Jesus Lizard - Goat
  • Pearl Jam - Ten
  • Queen - Innuendo
  • My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
  • Slint - Spiderland

#8 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
(15 Points)

rhcp.jpg
Genre(s):
Funk Rock, Alternative Rock

Rap Rock

I must admit that I do like them. Sorta a guilty pleasure, really. I don't own any of their albums and I would never attend one of their shows. However, if one of their songs comes on the radio or tv, I will stop what I am doing and hop around like Keidis making really goofy faces.

Then when the song finishes, I find a photo of Mike Patton and burn it.
Rhcp are good enough to be listen for more than once. Album Stadium Arcadium is preety good. However i would not buy their cd ,why ? Cos' there are much better bands. I must admit that Flea is greatest bassist I've ever heard. He's making that every song sounds diffrent and has it's own mood.
Red Hot Chili Peppers and Incubus rule and I don't give a god damn what anyone else thinks.
RHCP are pretty good, but they sold out so much that it's sickening...
Liked some heavy bits in The Red Hot Chili Peppers (no joke), someone told me that was what heavy metal sounded like (they were wrong), so I bought Master of Puppets with pretty much no research and it was awesome.
y5eryg34rt63gr this one is aware of fecal UK pop... :ill:

I kept trying to remember what I was going to say I hated and now I remember. The Red Hot Chili Peppers. I don't know if I hate any one band's music more. Just so sickeningly bad.
^RHCP's Blood Sugar Sex Magic is awesome, other then that i hate that band. And oh so ironic, i was about to click on this thread and i saw Things You Hate With A Passion and underneath it was Bodom Fans.

Those who voted:
@Slammed #10
@crimsonfloyd #4
@TechnicalBarbarity #4

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
#7 Slowdive - Just for a Day
(16 Points)

slowdive.jpg
Genre(s):
Dream Pop, Shoegaze

Ambient Pop, Ethereal Wave

I love Shoegazey BM and I dig Slowdive, but I can't get too into other Shoegaze for some reason.
It does'nt get any better than Slowdive and Ride,when it comes to shoegaze I think they're the best.
How about Slowdive? They're shoegaze and not "epic" but they always make me want to cry/kill myself.
Drinking beer for myself because I have nothing better to do. Just took a cigg sitting on the balcony floor when it is storming outside and listening to Slowdive - Alison. Depressing as fuck but quite atmospheric at the same time. : d

Edit: ok this sounded miserable, I'm not emo or anything, just caught in the moment. :p

Those who voted:
@Oblivious Maximus #1
@Slayed Necros #8
@Serjeant Grumbles #8

#6 My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
(18 Points)

mbv.jpg
Genre(s):
Shoegaze, Noise Pop

Dream Pop

It may be Loveless but I still love it. Been testing the Shoegaze waters over the last few days and am really enjoying it (MBV, Slowdive, Lush, Ringo Deathstarr, Ride, Swervedriver, etc). Good stuff.
Loveless is not the be all end all of shoegaze (its grossly overrated fwiw), plenty of shoegaze doesn't draw that much from it honestly.

Slowdive really don't sound like MBV at all, but they're still shoegaze.
I tried to get into shoegaze, my bloody valentine, but I just got bored.
if you confuse my bloody valentine with bullet for my valentine ever again im going to come over there and stab you in the fucking face
my bloody valentine 'loveless' is the zenith of this genre but then you probably already know that
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

This album is essential, and if I'm not mistaken, started the whole shoegazer movement.

EDIT: I was wrong, but it was very important to the genre either way. :D

Those who voted:
@Oblivious Maximus #3
@crimsonfloyd #1