GNMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1980

Out of EPs included and people not using list tags as Grumbles requested, the thing that makes me itch is @Slammed not using a consistent artist - title order. The band Flowers doing well with their album Icehouse.

This is actually from 1979.
Ahhh fuck, then RYM is lame.
Or not. Probably just be another case of Discogs taking the printed copyright year as release year, much like the Crass one. Harder to find info, but seems like Jan 1980 was its official release date. Sub Pop website agrees with 1980. Maybe some people got their hands on it early but eh.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
I love to trigger people by not doing things 'their' way.

Fuckin' Frank Sinatra over here.

Or not. Probably just be another case of Discogs taking the printed copyright year as release year, much like the Crass one. Harder to find info, but seems like Jan 1980 was its official release date. Sub Pop website agrees with 1980. Maybe some people got their hands on it early but eh.

Looks like you're right! Fuck, going to have to edit my list again.

Dammit, I thought we agreed not to discuss our private life in public?

1. roky erickson and the aliens – 5 symbols
  2. the nuns – the nuns
  3. brats – 1980
  4. joy division - closer
  5. wipers – is this real?
  6. talking heads – remain in light
  7. the sound – jeopardy
  8. itoh masyitoh & rineka swara - naon margina
  9. ultravox - vienna
  10. the rats – the rats
samples:

order probably isn't perfect but i'm pretty sure this is my 10. i take back what i said, this year is pretty good. cheating a bit with brats as i listed them in the metal thread, but if i'd known we'd do a non-metal list at the time i wouldn't have included it there, more of a rock album to me.