Go to Wikipedia.

well, the cause of his new vocals is pretty irrelevant... basically either you like his new "wider spectrum" or you don't. i fall on the latter. to me there's no comparison, his older vocals were much more natural and weren't as showcased as they are now.

and bitching about his new vocal style is quite irrelevant, considering each cd it changes quite drastically. no cd sounds the same, you lose.

/thread

I think it's a pretty good thing. Opeth have been around for such a long time that the likelihood of them selling out is rather small. They are clearly not doing it for the money or fame. I think more people should hear about them and listen to them. They are a great band with very diverse music that appeals to a lot of people.

I think it's a pretty good thing. Opeth have been around for such a long time that the likelihood of them selling out is rather small. They are clearly not doing it for the money or fame. I think more people should hear about them and listen to them. They are a great band with very diverse music that appeals to a lot of people.

+1.....

from that article:

"By January 2008, Opeth had recorded 13 songs, including three cover songs.[35] The finished album, Watershed, features seven tracks, with cover songs used as bonus tracks on different versions of the album."

13 tracks?

1. Coil
2. Heir Apparent
3. Lotus Eaters
4. Burden
5. Porcelain Heart
6. Hessian Peel
7. Hex Omega

bonus tracks
8. Derelict Herds
9. Bridge of Sighs
10. Den Standiga Resan

11. probably Alice in Chains' 'Would?'
12. maybe Mellotron Heart?
13. ???

I hope those video clips and this thing, won't change Opeth's music !!!!! I started to be afraid;dunno why ! but, the lack of growling on watershed, 2 video clips (without growling), and this thing !! that doesn't sound good for me tbh !!
ahh !! and those fucking kids (that I'm fucking sure , they aren't a true opeth fans !! ) in the pit ...dunno ! i may be wrong.Am I?

I hope those video clips and this thing, won't change Opeth's music !!!!! I started to be afraid;dunno why ! but, the lack of growling on watershed, 2 video clips (without growling), and this thing !! that doesn't sound good for me tbh !!
ahh !! and those fucking kids (that I'm fucking sure , they aren't a true opeth fans !! ) in the pit ...dunno ! i may be wrong.Am I?

What's your point? If Opeth gets new audience while using more clean vocals then they got the wrong way?
Or maybe you just like your "unknown" band to remain unknown, some kind of a wannabe-different obsession?

Listen to the music, enjoy their show, and live your lives... Why should you care about true fans, popularity... If Opeth makes a shitty album, you'll be able to judge it yourself.

What's your point? If Opeth gets new audience while using more clean vocals then they got the wrong way?
Or maybe you just like your "unknown" band to remain unknown, some kind of a wannabe-different obsession?

Listen to the music, enjoy their show, and live your lives... Why should you care about true fans, popularity... If Opeth makes a shitty album, you'll be able to judge it yourself.

I think he's making associations. Like.. if he ever sees some "kind" of person he hates loving Opeth, he's going to think that it sucks. Now let's imagine every person he hates loves it.. he wouldn't be able to listen to them anymore. I still agree with your point :). Some people like more underground stuff better. Even if it's a "wannabe-different obsession", there's nothing wrong with it. We all are egoists.